Pretty Serious Cosmetics Pastel Pets 2 Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 8 May 2018


OMG!  O....M...G!!!  I have the new Pastel Pets Collection from Pretty Serious Cosmetics!!!  If you have followed me for a while then you will know that the original Pastel Pets Collection is my favourite collection from Pretty Serious.  I use the polishes all the time and even have a back up of each of the polishes.  In fact, now that I think of it I think that the original Pastel Pets is the only collection of polishes that I have the full collection of (well unless you include the China Glaze Sunsational cremes - but that really is only half of the collection).  Anyway, after a long wait I have the Pastel Pets 2 Collection to share with you.


Bitsy Boo is a sky blue creme.  Really pretty blue.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.



Bon Bon is a periwinkle blue creme.  I love this one!  It's such a stunning colour and the formula is great.  My swatch shows two coats.



Chicky is a pastel yellow creme.  This one isn't as washed out as it looks in my picture.  I'm really not sure why my camera doesn't like it.  Chicky is a nice colour but because it is such a light colour it does apply unevenly and needed three coats to even out completely.



Dollface is a pastel purple creme.  This is another one of my favourites from this collection.  It's such a gorgeous colour.  My bottle isn't quite mixed properly (and yes I have tried shaking it myself - I'll try and some more mixing balls to see if that will help) so when I apply it I get white streaks and it's not a smooth colour.  It doesn't really show up in my pictures but you can tell more in person (especially when it is still wet).  The formula is fantastic and applies like a dream.  My swatch shows two coats.



Poppet is a bright bubble gum pink creme.  I LOVE this one!  Literally obsessed with it.  It reminds me of Barbie.  I wore it on my nails for a couple of days and was so sad to take it off.  You can bet you will be seeing this on my nails a lot!  The formula is a little on the thick side, however it is really easy to work with.  My swatch shows two coats.



Smoochie is a bright green creme.  This one is definitely more neon than pastel but it is such an awesome colour.  My camera freaked out so my picture isn't 100% colour accurate.  The formula is fantastic and is easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.



Tootsie is a bright yellow toned orange creme.  I'm not sure this one suits me much.  I think it would be better with a tan.  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats.



Overall, I really, really like this collection.  I probably won't wear all of the polishes as full manis, but they will be perfect for some nail art.  My personal favourites are Poppet, Bon Bon and Dollface.  If I could only pick one of the Pastel Pets Collections to keep I would have to say that the first collection steals my heart.  I think they make a more cohesive collection than this one does - but this collection is still awesome!

The Pastel Pets 2 Collection is available now from Pretty Serious Cosmetics.

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember the polishes in the first collection, but I like a number from this collection, namely Dollface, Bitsy Boo, Chicky & Bon Bon. Probably won't end up buying them though, or if I do, it'll be a while (still recovering from the rollercoaster of getting my first PS order into my hot little hands recently - the wait was excruciating).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a long wait for your polishes too? Oh no. Waiting for pretties is hard. Also trying to decide what to use first is hard too. Hope you have lots of fun playing with your new pretties xx

      Delete