Sally Hansen Color Therapy New Shades - Swatches & Review

Saturday 9 September 2017


I mentioned early in the week (or maybe it was the end of last week - I can't remember) I had the most epic week of nail mail that I think I have ever had.  I'm pretty sure my delivery guy is getting sick of stopping at my house so often.  Lol.  Anyway, one of the packages I received was from Sally Hansen featuring their new shades from the Color Therapy range.  There are a total of nine shades and I have eight of the shades to share with you today.


Couple's Massage is described as a shimmery pastel peach.  I am not a fan of this one at all.  It's sheer, and really striking.  I used two coats over white for my swatch.


Glow With The Flow is described as a bronze shimmer.  The formula is easy to work with and is close to being a one coater.  As with most shade like this, there are visible brush strokes.  My swatch shows two coats.


Haute Springs is a red creme.  This one is also close to a one coater.  As it is quite pigmented I recommend carefully applying it as clean up can get quite messy.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Red-iance is a bright cherry red.  This one is slightly on the sheer side.  Again, clean up with this one is quite messy so a careful application is needed.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Shea Dream is a pale gold shimmer.  I am not a fan of this colour at all.  There are visible brush strokes with this one as well.  My swatch shows three coats.


Toffee Temptations is described as a honey-tan creme.  This one I am really on the fence about.  I'm not sure if I like the colour on me or hate it.  It's quite confusing really.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.


Warm And Toasty is described as a neutral take on a blush tone.  I can see why.  Again, this one I am really on the fence about.  The formula is easy to use and it is opaque in two coats.


Well, Well, Well is actually a shade that I have swatched and reviewed previously.  Rather than me swatching it for the second time I am using my previous swatch (which explains the difference in nail lengths) and I wrote in my original review: I am actually rather impressed with this one.  I have tried other Sally Hansen white polishes before and have found that they are streaky and aren't very opaque so need at least three coats.  This one applies quite evenly and is opaque in two coats.


Overall I am not a fan of these shades.  They aren't really my colours at all and I think as a group/collection they are really boring and lacking a variety of colours.

The new Color Therapy shades are available now from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and selected independent pharmacies nationally.

2 comments:

  1. I second your thoughts about these being ad boring as they can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I imagine that people who need more office friendly polishes might like these types of polish.

      Delete