Crumpet's Nail Tarts: 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge: Water

Sunday 11 June 2017


As you may now I am taking a little break this month and there is definitely some pros and cons to that.  I have basically not painted my nails for a week (pro: I don't look like a crazy person with a new mani on for the daily school drop offs and pick ups) but the one downside to that is when I sit down to do my nails things go a little crazy, and not in a good one.  It is one of those times where everything that can go wrong, does.  Does this happen to you when you haven't painted your nails for a while?  Anyway, you kinda just have to laugh these things off and I thought why not share the mani.  I know it could be a lot worse but I also know that I can do a lot better.

Today's theme for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge is water.  My first thought was watermarble.  Now I don't watermarble.  I have tried it a few times and it's not fun and ends in pure frustration so I was chatting with Margaret (@loveslacquer on Instagram) to see if she could help me out with some other ideas that didn't involve me watermarbling.  She had a heap of great ideas involving various stamping ideas and that's when it occurred to me - stamp a watermarbling design!  So simple, yet my brain didn't work it out by itself lol.

For my base I did a "gradient" (I'm using that term loosely here because I used the wrong polishes and they didn't blend very well at all) using Colour Alike's A Yellow Glow, An Electric Orange and A Fuchsia Flash.  The stamping design is from What's Up Nails B002 and was stamped using Mundo de Una's Black stamping polish.  




So let's pretend that this mani has a perfect gradient and stamping.  Side note: does anyone know why I get these bleeding marks when I used MdU's black?  I have never seen it with any other stamping polish, just this one.  




No comments:

Post a Comment