Emily de Molly 5th Anniversary Trio - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 7 June 2017




Time seriously just goes by so quickly (and I know I am not the only one who thinks that) so quickly that Emily de Molly's 5th Anniversary popped up out of know where.  Can you believe it has been five years of EdM pretties?  I was a little late to the indie scene so missed out on a lot of Hayley's earlier polishes but I have no complaints with my EdM collection.  Hayley does AMAZING polishes and her brand is easily one of my favourite indie brands ever!  Anyway, I was super honoured and very lucky to be asked to swatch the anniversary trio and now I am able to share them with you guys.  A couple of warnings for you: I have gone a little picture crazy with these polishes and I am head over heels with them so I may get a little repetitive with how much I love these polishes.

Bottle shot image from Emily de Molly
Dusk's Remaining Light is a gorgeous multichrome that shifts from a pink/copper/green/gold.  The shift is amazing and the colours are stunning.  I actually wore this polish for a couple of days and was sad to take it off.  The formula is amazing and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)
Overcast Quartz is a light dusty pink with lavender undertones (the base is very similar to Heavy Aura) and is filled with different coloured iridescent flakes, pewter coloured flakes and some micro holographic glitters in silver and copper.  It also has a very slight copper overlay.  I love this one!  It's so beautiful and interesting.  I am sure every time I look at it I see something new in there.  The formula is easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Room For More is a neon green with copper shimmer and silver flakes.  I am sure I don't need to tell you that I love this one!  I think Hayley makes some amazing neons!  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
How amazing are these polishes?  I am seriously so in love with them and think they are a perfect anniversary trio.  Do I have a favourite of these three?  I honestly don't think I could pick one so I would recommend grabbing all three.  Can you pick a favourite from these?

The Anniversary Trio is being released Thursday 8th June at 9am on Emily de Molly's Australian site and Wednesday 7th at 7pm EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment