OPI Alice Through The Looking Glass Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 11 May 2016


I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for OPI's latest collection - Alice Through The Looking Glass!  Sadly I started my OPI obsession after the original Alice In Wonderland Collection and missed the majority of the collection (I did manage to grab a couple of the polishes over the last few years) so when I heard that OPI were once again collaborating with the Disney franchise I was straight on the emails to see if we were going to be getting this collection in Australia.  And we have it guys!  The Alice Through The Looking Glass Collection is a eight piece limited edition brights collection.  There is also a ninth special limited edition polish which isn't being released here in Australia (it's definitely in the US but I am not entirely sure where else it is being released).  I have managed to get my hands on this polish so I will be including it at the end of this post.


A Mirror Escape is described as a glittering gold.  Now I am really not sure if this is meant to be a textured or not but it seems to have a very textured finished.  Like along the lines of the liquid sand polishes but it's not as fine a texture as the bits are more sparse.  The formula is easy to use but it is quite sheer.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box
Fearlessly Alice is a bold cerulean blue creme.  I love this one.  The formula is awesome and so so close to being a one coater.  Just a little side note about this one.  I had someone comment on my Instagram that they had staining with this polish.  I wore this polish for twenty four hours and didn't have any staining at all.  I didn't even experience "smurf" hands when removing the polish.  I also haven't heard anyone else have staining issues either.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Having A Big Hair Day is described a commanding, hot red.  It most definitely is eye catching!  The formula is so easy to work with and it applies very evenly.  This polish is very pigmented so I definitely recommend a careful application as it is a bit of a pain to clean up.  This polish also stamps beautifully too.  My swatch shows two coats.  There is a slight visible nail line in direct lights.

Picture taken in light box
I'm Gown For Anything! is a creamy lilac.  Such a pretty colour with a great formula.  I was surprised at how evenly it applied on the first colour for a relatively light polish.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Mad For Madness Sake is a fuchsia pink polish.  The formula is easy to use and has a little bit of a jelly finish but not fully.  I used two coats for my swatch and found that in direct lights I could slightly see through the tips of my nails.

Picture taken in light box
Oh My Majesty! is described as a pearly alabaster.  Another really pretty polish (this one is much better in person than what my pictures show).  In person, it has more of a pink tone and the sheen is much more obvious.  The formula isn't great.  It is one the sheer side and it applies unevenly, but honestly for such a light shade it is kind of expected.  I used four coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture take in direct sunlight
The I's Have It is a light powder blue creme.  Another one I am loving.  The colour is gorgeous and the formula is great.  The colour is more of a dustier blue than it looks in my picture.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
What's The Hatter With You? is a rich burgundy creme.  Such a stunning colour.  Given that Melbourne has turned on some winter weather lately I am particularly loving this polish.  I'm not entirely sure how it works in with a Brights collection but I still love it!  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.  I do have three coats on my ring nail only because I knocked that nail while the polish was still damp.  Honestly I didn't notice any difference between two and three coats.

Picture taken in light box
What Time Isn't It? is the special limited edition polish from this collection and comes in a box.  OPI describe this one as a matte black with slivers of silver.  Honestly I am not entirely sure why it is described like this.  It's actually a dark grey creme (not matte) with silver bar glitters.  Anyway, the formula is easy to use and it is opaque in two coats.  

Picture taken in light box
Overall I love this collection.  There are a few polishes that I don't love but I will let that slide seems I love the bulk of the collection.  The polishes that I don't love are What Time Isn't It? and A Mirror Escape.  They just aren't my cup of tea.

OPI's Alice Through The Looking Glass Collection is available now from Myer, David Jones and select salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment