Essie Winter 2016 Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 24 May 2016


I was just thinking the other day that Essie would be due to release another new collection here in Australia.  Next thing you know there is a knock at my front door with a lovely delivery man with the brand new Essie Winter Collection.  Definitely a great surprise for me.  Anyway the Winter Collection features six polishes in a variety of shades and finishes.  Before jumping I should note that this collection was released in Winter 2015 for those of you in the US (and maybe in other countries) so you may have already seen these and even own them.  Right, now onto the swatches.


Altitude Attitude is described as a scarlet creme.  The formula of this one is great and applies really evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Apres-chic is described as a iconic platinum.  Another polish with a great formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Haute Tub is described as a jet black with amethyst fire.  I was a little disappointed with this one.  In the bottle it looks really purple and sparkly, but on the nail it pretty much just looks black, even in direct sunlight.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just would have preferred it to be more purple and sparkly.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Peak Show is described as a powder pink.  I think this colour is really pretty and fresh.  I really like these really light pinks at the moment.  The formula doesn't apply a little unevenly and needed three coats to even out, but that is expected for such a light shade.

Picture taken in light box
Shall We Chalet? is described as a seductive ruby.  The formula of this one is fantastic.  So easy to use and is opaque in two coats.  If you have shorter nails and are in a hurry you could get away with one coat.

Picture taken in light box
Virgin Snow is described as an icy frozen lavender.  Now this polish is right up my alley.  It's a purple creme, really pretty and the formula is great.  It applies like a dream.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Overall I really like these polishes, however I am not entirely sure they work together as a collection.  Maybe that's just me though.  My personal favorites are Virgin Snow and Peak Show.  Surprisingly, I quite like both of the red polishes (I'm not a red polish kind of girl).  I even wore Shall We Chalet? as a full mani.

I believe that the Essie Winter 2016 Collection is limited edition and is available now.  Will you be grabbing any of these shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment