China Glaze Desert Escape Collection - Comparisons

Friday 12 June 2015


I'm back with another comparison post.  It feels like forever since I have done one of these but I am fixing that right now.  Today I have some comparison swatches with the new China Glaze Desert Escape Collection.  Let's just jump right in shall we?

China Glaze Don't Mesa With My Heart vs OPI Shorts Story
Definitely no dupes with these two.  The OPI is much darker in comparison.  Both are pretty colours and have similar formulas.  I used two coats of each polish for my swatch.  Do you need both?  Sure, why not?  You can never have too many pinks in my opinion.

China Glaze Meet Me In The Mirage vs Orly Rage
Now these are most definitely not dupes and don't even look close but given they are both rose gold polishes I thought it would be interesting to compare.  I am actually quite surprised at how gold Rage looks in comparison (it really is a rose gold I promise).  Both have great formulas and required two coats to be opaque.  Do you need both?  Absolutely.  I love them both (although I need to wear Rage in a full mani because until this comparison it has been sitting untried in my drawers).

China Glaze Rain Dance The Night Away vs Essie In The Cab-ana
These two aren't except dupes (the China Glaze has a more opaque formula and is slightly brighter than the Essie).  My swatch shows two coats of each polish.  Do you need both?  Probably not.  

China Glaze The Heat Is On vs OPI I STOP For Red
These two are definitely the closest of the ones I swatched.  There is the tiniest difference but honestly these are so close I wouldn't worry about getting both.  I would pick the China Glaze.  It's more opaque (it only needs two coats where the OPI needs three to be opaque) and I think applies easier.

China Glaze What's She Dune? vs OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? vs OPI Do You Take Lei Away?
No dupes with these three but they are the closest of the nudes that I own.  Formula wise they are all pretty similar - the main difference is that the China Glaze only needs one coat.  I did use two coats of all polishes to see if that would make a difference in the colours.  Do you need them all?  Well that's a tricky one.  It really depends on your love for nudes and your skin tone.  I personally love them all.

So there you have it.  Not really any exact dupes but two of them are so close to other polishes that you probably can skip them and use the money towards some other pretties instead.  






2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love when you do comparison posts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comparison posts, always really helpful information, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete