China Glaze Desert Escape Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 6 June 2015


China Glaze have recently released a new collection.  Of course that means it must come and live with me ASAP and of course I have to share it with you guys.  This collection consists of six polishes and is inspired by the tones found in the vast desert landscape, the glowing pinks and reds are cooled by a serene turquoise and glisten against shimmering neutrals.

Don't Desert Me is described as an intense fuschia pearl shimmer.  I think this polish is quite pretty.  It is really close to being a single coater (in a hurry if you do a slighter thicker than usual coat you could get away with one coat) and it applies easily and evenly.  Due to the pearly finish you can see slight brush strokes.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Don't Mesa With My Heart is described as a violet pink creme.  Super pretty.  I am a sucker for pinks and purples and this one is no exception.  It's easy to use and the formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Meet Me In The Mirage is described as a rose gold metallic shimmer.  I adore this polish too.  It's easy to use and has a great formula.  If you do a thick coat I am sure you would only need one coat but I used two thin coats for my swatch.

Rain Dance The Night Away is described as a bright turquoise creme.  Awesome polish.  Again, this is so close to be a one coater,  I think that if you have flatter nail beds it would be a one coater but as my nails are very curved it did slide slightly leaving some bald spots, meaning I needed two coats for full coverage.  The formula applies easily and is nice and opaque.  

The Heat Is On is described as a sun-lit red orange creme.  This one to me is just a straight up red and has a semi jelly like look and feel to it.  It applies evenly, and is easy to use but it does have a slight visible nail art after two coats.  The visible nail line is more visible in person than what my picture shows. 

What's She Dune? is described as a sandy beige creme.  This is probably going to be my new favorite nude polish.  The formula is slightly runny so you do need to be careful that it doesn't drip everyone unexpectedly, but it's easy to use and is opaque in one coat!!  That's right, a nude polish that one needs one coat.  Heaven!

I really am impressed with this collection.  While the polishes aren't necessarily the most ground breaking and exciting polishes, they are all really pretty and the formulas are all great.  My personal favorites are What's She Dune, Meet Me In The Mirage, Don't Mesa With My Heart and Rain Dance The Night Away.    Now I am planning on doing a comparison post for these polishes at some point soon so let me know if there is any polishes you would like to see in the comparison post and I will try and do them.

  







2 comments:

  1. How does the colour of what's she dune compare to other nudes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a particular nude or nudes you are wanting to see Alinta? I don't have enough time or nails to swatch all the nudes I own :)

      Delete