Favourite Indie Polishes 2020

Tuesday 29 December 2020


I think when it comes to favourites posts my end of year indie favourites is always the hardest to write.  I love my indies and the indie makers kill it year after year.  2020 was definitely quieter but it's still incredibly difficult to decide.  Like previous years I have skipped over any polishes that are included in my collection favourites (because that's how I can cheat my way through this) and have managed to narrow my favourites down to 23 polishes - but  three of those are included in the collection favourites BUT definitely needed to be listed separately as well.  Have I mentioned I really struggle with favourites? Right, let's dig into them shall we?  Like always these are in no particular order.


EMILY DE MOLLY
When it comes to this brand you just know that you are guaranteed amazing polishes.  The colours, the finishes and formulas are always fantastic.  I can honestly say that there is maybe a handful of Emily de Molly polishes that I have tried in eight years that I haven't liked and that is just because they aren't my personal style.  So it's safe to say that narrowing down favourites from Emily de Molly is incredibly hard. 

Blur The Line
This polish was only recently released this month but it is definitely a favourite.  It was one of those polishes that as soon as I got it out of the box I was totally in love with it.  On the nails it didn't disappoint either.  You can find more swatches of this polish here.


Coolth
I'm pretty sure that this was the polish that set the ball rolling for my love of the whole coloured base with matte white glitters.  It's simple but it is awesome!  You can find more swatches of this polish here.
 

Death Stairs
Another matte white glitter in a coloured base love for me.  I was so happy that Hayley made a purple version (because we all know I am a sucker for purple polishes).  You can find more swatches of this polish here.
 

Edge Of Your Seat
This polish was released back in January this year and I wrote one thing only in my notes - AMAZING!  I still stand by this statement.  You can see more swatches in this post here.
 

Here We Go Again
This is one of the polishes that technically speaking I shouldn't have in this post because I added the April Releases in my collection favourites but it is sooooo amazing that it really needs to be in this post too.  It's one of those polishes that I grab out time and time again from my drawers and drool each and every time.  It's definitely one of my favourite Emily de Molly polishes ever!  You can find more swatches (as well as the other polishes released in April) here.
 

It's Tradition
I don't really know what I can say about this but I love it!  I told you I was loving the whole coloured bases with matte white glitters.  You can see more swatches here.
 

One Look
Another one from Emily de Molly's December release.  I mean look at that colour!  The formula is also amazing as well.  You can find more swatches here.
 

Open Work
This is another one of those polishes that I have included in my favourite collections BUT again it's one of those polishes that also has to be included in this post too.  Like with Here We Go Again, this is one of those polishes that I pull out of my drawers constantly and love each and every time.  It's true love.  You can find more swatches of this beauty here.
 

Past, Present, Future
Again, another polish that was included in my collection favourites but also needs to be in here.  I promise this is the last one of those polishes.  It's honestly so amazing and once that I have worn quite a few times since its release in March.  You can find more swatches here.
 

Romancer
Oh aurora shimmer you steal my heart yet again.  This polish was released back in January and it's one that I think everyone should own.  You can find more swatches of this polish here.


Something Special
This polish is perfectly named.  There is definitely something special about it.  It's super pretty, and girly....oh and those flakies.  I'm in love!  Again, this was another polish that was released this month.  You can check out that post here.
 

The Devils Side
The last but certainly not least Emily de Molly polish to make my favourites list is The Devils Side.  I loooooove everything about this polish - the base colour, the formula and those flakies!  It's perfection!  You can find more swatches in this post here.
 

GRACE-FULL NAIL POLISH
Is it a favourites post without Grace-full Nail Polish in it?  I think not.  Grace-full have had such a great year with their polishes and would probably take out the best collection of 2020 with their Fluro Pastel Collection.  Seriously love ALL of their polishes - but I won't be including them here today.  
 
A Peach For A Princess
It still makes me laugh that Theresa says she hates pink because for someone who hates pink she makes AMAZING pink polishes.  Like this one!  So in love.  You can find more swatches here. 
 

Autumn Prism
For some strange reason this polish was part of the Autumnal Pruglies Collection.  This polish is far from ugly in my opinion.  It's gorgeous.  You can find more swatches of this stunner here.
 

Beauty Of The Sea
This is me in a polish....well not really.  But this is definitely a polish that screams TRACY to me!  Seriously head over heels in love.  You can find more swatches here.
 

Boozy Smurf
This is one of those magical polishes that I don't think pictures quite do it justice.  It's stunning in person.  You can see my swatches here.
 

Char-med
There has been a lot of amazing polishes that have come from the Polish Pick Up and this is one of those polishes.  This one is super shifty and just straight up gorgeous.  You can find more swatches here.
 

Eve Magic
This is a polish that was released as one of the last collections for Grace-full this year and it was instant love for me.  It's a gorgeous colour and those flakies are to die for!  You can find more swatches here.
 

Mystery Girl 
We have a stunning base colour, aurora shimmer, flakies and holo so what is there not to love?  Nothing.  It is perfection!  You can find more swatches in this post.


Point Break
This has to be the only topper that I have in today's post and I am not mad about it.  It's gorgeous and I definitely need to break it back out again so that I can try it over different base colours.  You can find more swatches here.
 
 

Super Bros 2
One of the many polishes that have the perfect mermaid vibe about them.  I love this polish both by itself and with nail art.  Stunning!  You can find more swatches here.
 
 

War Of The Roses
I know reds aren't normally my cup of tea but this one is awesome.  The flakes really take it to the next level and the formula is great.  You can find more swatches here.
 

Warui
The last but certainly not least polish from my favourite indies of 2020.  What a polish to wrap this blog up on too.  How gorgeous is this polish?  I love it because it's purple, it has aurora shimmer and flakes!  You can find more swatches here (but I don't think my swatches do this polish the true justice it deserves).
 

That wraps up my 2020 Indie Favourites.  I am beyond excited to see what these indie girls bring us next year.  I sense it's going to be an amazing year!
 
 



 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment