Emily de Molly March 2020 Releases - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 25 March 2020


Emily de Molly are back with another new release and OMG it is amazing!  But do we expect anything else at this point in time?  Hayley was on fire last year with one amazing release after the other and 2020 is definitely shaping up to be the same.  Let's just get straight into the pretties shall we?


Be The Solution is a silver holographic micro glitters in a pale nude base with a purple aurora shimmer.  No surprise that I love this one.  It is sooooo sparkly (definitely more sparkly than what it looks in my swatches) and the colour is gorgeous.  It is a little on the sheer side so I need three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Consider The Source is a mauve crelly base with blue and red iridescent flakes as well as silver holographic flakies.  Love, love, love!  The colour is gorgeous and those flakies!  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats but question if I would need a third coat especially on longer nails.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Give The Act Up is a pale steel blue base with assorted iridescent flakes in blue, green and orange.  This is another really pretty polish.  Like with Consider The Source, the formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch but question if it would need a third coat on longer nails.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Intensity is an ultramarine blue crelly with white glitters.  Obsessed with this one!  The colour is AMAZING and the formula is fantastic.  No fishing or placement of the glitters is required.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting
Leaking Words is a pale blue (warm) to teal green (cold) thermal with orange/green iridescent flakes.  Such a pretty thermal.  I found that this did transition well but that the state differences were subtle.  It could just be the weather that was effecting the results.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  It is a little sheer especially in the warm state so I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (starting to transition)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade (cold)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in overcast lighting (warm)

Picture taken in overcast light (warm-ish)

Picture taken in direct sunlight light (warm)
Makeshift Wings is a pale mauve/brown base with green to blue shifting aurora shimmer.  I'm seriously just repeating myself at this point but it's just the way I feel.  I am a big fan of this polish.  The formula is great and applies evenly and the colour is so, so, so pretty.  I did find it was a little sheer for me so I used three coats for my swatch but you could probably stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Past, Present, Future is a light navy base with pink, orange, gold, green shifting aurora shimmer and silver holographic flakes.  OMG!  OMG!  OMG!  Love, love, love this one.  This was actually the first polish that I wore from this release.  I loved it in the bottle and I love it on my nails.  The colour is gorgeous and so is the shift (it shifts better in person), plus the formula is great and easy to use.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors

Picture taken outdoors

Picture taken outdoors
Shade Of Night is a dark purple base with pink, orange, green shifting aurora shimmer.  What's another way that I can say that I love this polish?  I seriously need to find some new ways but anyway, I love this polish!  It's stunning!  There is definitely more of a shift than I could capture in my pictures.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I question if I would need a third coat on longer nails.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken outdoors with flash
How amazing are each of these polishes?  I really feel for you guys having to narrow down your favourites.  If it helps my picks would be Past, Present, Future, Intensity, Shades Of Night, Be The Solution, and Consider The Source.  No matter what you decide you honestly can't go wrong.

The March 2020 Releases will be available Friday 27th March at 10am AEDT from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Thursday 26th March at 7pm EDT from the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment