Grace-full Nail Polish Retro Bros Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 16 February 2020


Grace-full Nail Polish have released a few polishes so far this year.  There has been a couple of shades for Polish Pick Up, a shade for Hella Handmade Creations and of course there was the polish that was auctioned off as part of the Hand In Hand Bush Fire Relief, but so far there hasn't been any new collections....until now!  Grace-full are bringing us a Nintendo inspired collection called Retro Bros and it is full of great polishes!  Let me show you what I am talking about.


A Peach For A Princess is a hot pink scattered holo with gold shimmer.  I love this one!  The colour is stunning and the formula is great.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Captain Toad is an old school crelly glitter with a blue base, dot glitter in a red holo and matte white, and blue, red and gold size hex glitter.  Now this is a cute polish.  I am a big fan of the colour and glitters.  The formula is pretty easy to work with but some of the larger glitters to like to stick together.  For my swatch I used two coats, however I do question if I should have done a third coat as I thought it was a little see through at the tips for me.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Evil Twin is a thermal that moves from dark blue to purple.  It has a purple shift and ultra chrome chameleon flakes.  I love this one.  Both the warm and cool colours.  I think they are both pretty.  The formula is good (although I did find it was a little on the sheer side on the first coat) and easy to use.  it also transitions well between the states.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in overcast lighting (warm)

Picture taken in overcast lighting (warm)
Little Green Dinosaur is described as a tri thermal that starts in lime green - mid green - dark green.  Now I'm not sure I saw three colours in the this one but it was pretty hot when I swatched this so it did change very quickly so I may have just missed it.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in overcast lighting (transitioning)

Picture taken in shade (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)
Pink Alien is a super soft baby pink crelly packed with contrasting gold shimmer.  This is such a pretty polish.  Formula wise it is a little on the thick side and does apply slightly unevenly, but it's still easy enough to work with.  For my swatch I used three coats but it potentially can be left at two coats but it will depend on how uneven your coats are.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Super Bros 1 is a red base with iridescent colour shifting flakes in pink, gold and blue and a smattering of chrome chameleon flakes in pink-gold-purple-blue with a pinch of red aurora shimmer.  This is such a vibrant colour.  The formula is great and while you can stop at two coats, I did three coats because it was a little see through at the tips for me.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Super Bros 2 is a blue base packed with blue-green aurora shimmer that shifts when you move your nails.  Now I know this is inspired by Luigi but this is actually a perfect colour for mermaid nails.  So much so I actually wore this polish of my daughter's first day back at school because she has a mermaid theme (for all of her school belongings).  Anyway, I love this shade.  It's gorgeous and the formula is fantastic.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Sorcerer King is a scattered holo with shifting colours of gold and bronze and a subtle red flash.  This is such a cool and unique shade.  I am a big fan!  The formula is great and so easy to use.  It is definitely so much more holo than it looks in my pictures.  The day that I used this it was unfortunately a smokey day.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting
Warui is a purple shimmer with purple, pink and gold aurora shimmer and ultra chrome chameleon flakes.  No surprise that I love this one!  The colour is gorgeous and the formula is fantastic.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken indoors in natural lighting

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
How great is this collection?  My personal favourites are Warui, Super Bros 2, A Peach For A Princess and Evil Twin.

The Retro Bros Collection will be available on Wednesday 19th February at 11am AEDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment