OPI x Converse Neons By OPI Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 11 October 2019


OPI and Converse teaming up is like a dream come true.  We all know that I love nail polish (OPI was the brand that kick started my obsession) but what you may not know is how much I love my Converse.  I have had Converse in different styles for many, many years.  My first pair were a pair of Chuck Taylor All Star Classic Low Top in blue and had Banana In Pajama shoe laces.  Anyway, let's talk about more recent Converse.  With the collaboration with OPI Converse have released a range or shoes (in different colours and styles) to match the OPI polishes.  How cool is that?  I was lucky enough to receive the awesome neon yellow ones (I'll include some pictures at the bottom of this post) and the four neon polishes that have been released in Australia (I believe in the US there is six polishes in total).


Dance Party Teal Dawn is a bright teal.  I love this colour but like all teal polishes this one doesn't photograph accurately.  It's not as blue looking in person.  The formula is a little bit streaky but is easy to work with.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting
Orange You A Rock Star? is a bright coral orange.  I love this colour too but the formula isn't great.  It's really streaky (but easy to work with) and required four coats to even out.  I think this one may be better over a white base.  

Picture taken in light box
Positive Vibes Only is a bright purple.  I absolutely love this polish!  I wore it for nearly 3 days and I didn't want to take it off.  Sadly, when I did take it off I noticed that it had stained my nails a little.  Formula wise this one is good.  It's easy to use and builds up in three coats.  Depending on your application and fussiness you could stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box
V-I-Pink Passes is a bright pink.  Again, I love this colour!  The formula on the other hand, isn't the greatest.  Like with Orange You A Rock Star? this one is really uneven and required four coats to even out completely.

Picture taken in light box
Now onto the shoes!  As these are neon yellow they freak out my camera (it's nice to know it's not just neon polishes that freak out my camera) but they are so cool.  I love that they also have OPI on them and a polish name (I believe that Pump Up The Volume is the name of the yellow polish but sadly this one and a blue polish hasn't been released in Australia).






I love this collection (and shoes)!  The colours are gorgeous, although I do wish that the formulas were better.  That said, the formulas won't stop me from wearing these polishes.  Did I mention that I love the colours?

This collection is available now from Myer, David Jones and selected salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment