101 Untrieds (Polishes 52 - 57) - Swatches & Review

Saturday 26 October 2019


Once upon a time I started a Google Spreadsheet with a list of all of my polishes that I own.  I needed it for insurance purposes and it was quite helpful for me to see what I had.  Anyway, at some point it got forgotten about and wasn't updated for such a long time.  Now I have no clue what I have and don't so I have started the fun task of doing a new stash list.  After collecting polishes for nearly ten years you can imagine how many polishes I have in my collection, which means doing the stash list takes forever!  It is a great chance for me to really stop and look at what I actually have in my collection.  I have rediscovered quite a few favourites and also a few "what was I thinking" polishes in the mix, and plenty of untrieds.  I'm still on track (I think) to complete my 101 untrieds by the end of the year so brace yourself for quite a few untrieds posts....like today.


China Glaze Purple Panic is a vibrant fuchsia.  This one is clearly not the neon version (which I own and have loved to death - seriously there is not much left in the bottle.  This is my back up bottle which clearly is nothing like the original - I hate that China Glaze do that).  Anyway, I do really like the colour of this one (even though it's not the original neon - I'm still annoyed about it even after all these years lol) and the formula is pretty good.  It applies easily and evenly and dries quick.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box
China Glaze White Cap is described as a sheer white base with gold flecks.  I'm really not sure how white the base is.  In the bottle is looks white yes but on the nails that base looks clear.  I definitely wouldn't wear this polish by itself but I really like it as a topper.  It's so pretty and sparkly.  For my swatch I used one coat over China Glaze Purple Panic.

Picture taken in light box

 Picture taken in light box
Femme Fatale Cosmetics Burning Dusk is a purple linear holo with a blue shimmer/sheen.  It's actually so nice to put on a good Femme Fatale polish.  It's polishes like this that makes me remember why I fell in love with the brand all those years ago.  Back when this was released (maybe 2013?) this was quite a unique shade.  The formula is fantastic and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Illamasqua Prismatic has a blue base with a pink shimmer throughout.  This polish is gorgeous!  I love the colour and the shimmer, but it is a little to sheer for my personal taste.  I think next time I may try it over a base colour.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box
Pretty Serious Cosmetics Rae's Rainbow is a blue jelly with blue shimmer and rainbow glitters.  This polish was released as a charity polish back in 2014.  I don't think I have ever really liked this polish but purchased it because it raised money for a good cause.  Or perhaps I am wrong and did like the idea of it once upon a time.  Who knows.  I don't really care for it now though.  It's sheer and just meh.  For my swatch I used three thick coats and no top coat (the polish is still wet in my pictures).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Zoya Dree is described as a light dusty drab olive green with yellow tones and a touch of grey.  This definitely isn't my usual type of colour but it's awesome for nail art.  The formula is fantastic and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
That brings us to the end of this round of untrieds of mine.  I feel like today's post was definitely a good mix of things.  Now let's see what else I can rediscover in my drawers.... only 44 more polishes to go until I reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment