101 Untrieds (Polishes 47 - 51) - Swatches & Review

Saturday 19 October 2019


I'm back with another untrieds post.  I am determined to get through some more of these untrieds of mine.  But it really is a bit of an odd thing to sit down in front of my polish drawers and try and remember if I have used a polish or not.  In a lot of cases I either don't remember or I have used them only in nail art (I think).  So while I say these are untried polishes they may not actually be.  It's more they aren't swatched on my blog so I'm counting them as untried.  Let's take a look at some oldies that I have dug out of my drawers this week.


China Glaze Boundary Of Memories is a clear base packed with black, gold and amber microglitters.  This polish was released as part of the Giver Collection back in 2014.  Such a good collection.  I grabbed most of the polishes and have worn most of them (yay for me and actually using some of my polishes).  This polish is such a great glitter and perfect for this time of year.  I think it would look great in some Halloween nail art.  I found the formula a little on the thick side but it was easy to work with.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
China Glaze I Sea The Point is a vibrant medium blue creme and was released back in 2014 as part of the Off Shore Collection.  I was really wanting a bright polish and this one stood out to me (from my 'untrieds').  This one I definitely have worn before but I'm pretty sure I've only ever done nail art with it.  I love the colour of this one!  The formula is good and is easy enough to work with but I did find that it kinda pulled a little in spots.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
OPI Grape...Set...Match is a gorgeous purple with red/pink and blue shimmer.  This was released as a duo with Servin' Up Sparkle back in 2011 (I think).  I thought that I had Servin' Up Sparkle but apparently I don't.  Anyway, I love this polish!  It's absolutely gorgeous and shifty.  It's much better in person.  The formula is a little sheer and patchy which is disappointing but it is easy enough to work with.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
OPI Which Is Witch? is a clear base with silver holographic glitters in bars and hexes.  This polish was released back in 2013 as part of the Oz The Great And Powerful Collection.  Now because I didn't own Servin' Up Sparkle and I know I haven't used this polish before I thought it was the perfect time to use it.  I love this topper!  It's super sparkly and just stunning.  I know a lot of people don't like bar glitters but I do.  The formula is easy to use and has a great glitter to base ratio.  I used one coat over OPI Grape...Set...Match.

Picture taken in light box
Picture Polish Borealis is a multichrome glitter that shifts between electric blue, royal purple, magenta and bronze.  This was a limited release polish back in 2014 and I am soooooo happy that I managed to get my hands on it.  I know quite a few people missed out (and threw hissy fits about it).  Eek!  But for some unknown reason I never actually used it until now and OMG!  I am in love!  The colours and shifts are glorious and the formula is fantastic.  I used two coats over black but honestly you only need one.  This polish is a million times better and more shifty in person.  I just couldn't photograph it to save myself.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in overcast lighting
I know I have said this before but I am seriously shocked with myself at how many polishes I have left untried.  There are some seriously gorgeous polishes in my drawers that have gone unloved for far too long.  But that is changing....slowly.

Have you got many untried polishes in your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment