Lina Nail Art Supplies Make Your Mark 08 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Sunday 28 October 2018


Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you are having a lovely weekend so far.  It's been a busy (and tiring) weekend for us.  My daughter and her team competed in the State Pennant for gymnastics yesterday.  The girls did really well and came 2nd on floor, 3rd on fault and 4th overall.  I'm so proud of how well they have all done throughout all of their competitions, especially the State Pennant.  The competition was definitely a lot tougher and with more girls than ever before.  Anyway, I'm sure you aren't here to hear about my daughter's gymnastics.  Let's talk about one of the new Lina Nail Art Supplies plates - Make Your Mark 08.  I do have a few of the other new plates that were recently released as well but I will be sharing those at a later date (aka when I have had a chance to swatch them).

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies 

I was swatching my way through piCture pOlish polishes I purchased earlier this year the day that this plate arrived.  As soon as I saw this leaf design I knew it would be perfect with Cactus.  I love how this mani turned out.  Yes it's simple, but it's so pretty.  I think this image would also look great with a multi coloured base too.


Along with this plate I was also sent some of the new stamping polishes from Hit The Bottle.  I had them sitting in my polish racks to swatch and thought that these colours would make for a great base.  Polishes used are Hit The Bottle Peaches N' Scream, Slime After Slime, Banana Colada and As Black As Night.


I really like this delicate print.  I think it's really pretty.  For my base I used China Glaze Deliciously Wicked and stamped using Hit The Bottle Beware The Bates Motel.


Oh layered images - how I love and hate you at the same time.  It's been quite some time since I have done a layered mani and definitely an even longer time since I have used a Lina plate for a layered mani.  I know this isn't perfect (like I said it's been a long time lol) but I still quite like how it turned out.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat for my base and stamped using Hit The Bottle Slime After Slime and Powder Perfect Metallic Green Stamping Polish.


This next image gives my oil spill vibes.  I don't know why but it does.  Anyway, I am definitely disappointed with this image.  I don't think that it is etched properly.  I couldn't pick it up whole.  It had parts always missing.  I tried the usual swiping at different angles, pressure etc and with multiple stamping polishes and it was the same issue over and over.  I also used the same stamper that I have used for all of the other manis in the post (and thousands before) so it's definitely a fault with the plate.  For this mani I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence and Colour Alike B An Orion.


My thoughts on this plate - I really like it.  I think there are some really great designs on this plate and I can see myself using it a fair bit.  I am disappointed that I had some much trouble with that one image.  I am hoping it's just the one image and not others on this plate but I guess time will tell.  This definitely isn't the first time that I have had issues with some of the images on a Lina plate.  Let me know if you have this plate and if you also had issues with the image in the bottom left corner.

The Make Your Mark 08 Stamping Plate is available now from Hit The Bottle and Lina Nail Art Supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment