SCOUT Cosmetics Mixed Swatches & Review

Saturday 24 March 2018


Recently I was contacted by SCOUT Cosmetics (that's how they write their name - I promise I am not yelling at you) to see if I would like to try out some of their nail polishes.  I had never heard of SCOUT Cosmetics so naturally I was curious and said yes.  I have two of their polishes to share with you today. 


Now before I get into my swatches I thought I would share a little bit about the brand, in case you haven't heard of them (which was me a few weeks ago).  SCOUT Cosmetics is an Australian eco-lux beauty brand with a range of Vegan cosmetics including Certified Organic Superfood skincare, mineral makeup and Superfood Nail Polish.  The polishes are marketed as "breathable and water permeable" and have a vitamin-active formula.  I'm not entirely sure what is added into these polishes (they do have essential oils in them) but I can't stand the smell/scent of these.  I ended up with a massive headache after wearing one of the shades for 24 hours.

Invisible Touch is a nude creme.  The formula of this one is really easy to use and it applies evenly.  I'm not really 100% sure that this nude suits me or not.  For my swatch I used two coats.   


Losing My Religion is a green metallic with a slight blue shift.  This is quite a mermaid-esque polish.  It is quite pretty.  The formula of this one again is really easy to use and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch, but having seeing it in day light I should have added at least one more coat as it was quite sheer at the tips.




Overall thoughts?  I'm going to have to say that I am not a fan.  Yes the colours are good (there are more shades available on their website) and the formulas are easy to use, the smell of them its what wrecks it for me.  I am not a fan of the smell at all, and to end up with a massive headache from wearing a nail polish?  No thank you.  What are your thoughts on scented polishes?  Love them?  Hate them?  Let me know.

These polishes are available from SCOUT Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment