Maniology Artist Collaboration Set Four (XL216-XL220) Stamping Plates - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 5 March 2019


In an effort to try and save some money, I have decided to "shop my collection".  What in the world am I talking about?  Well it's simple really.  I have such a large collection of both polishes, stamping plates and nail art things and sadly quite a bit of that collection is still brand new.  Like Maniology's Artist Collaboration Set Four.  Four out of the five plates still had the blue plastic on them.  Shameful isn't it?  Well today the plastic is off!  Woohoo!  Let's take a look at these plates.

Image from Maniology
BM-XL216
This first plate was made in collaboration with Paulina's Passions.  This is easily one of my favourites from this set.  I actually had trouble trying to decide which image to use first.  I'll definitely have to break this plate again and play with it some more.

Image from Maniology
I couldn't go past this arrow image.  I love it!  I can see me using this one time and time again.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, fan brushed used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Cutie Patootie and Peachy-Poo and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


BM-XL217
This next plate was made in collaboration with Tanya Wish.  There are definitely some really pretty images on this plate, however I did have some trouble trying to work out which image I wanted to use and how to actually use it.  

Image from Maniology
I had originally planned to do some lead lighting with this image, however it was too hot and it wasn't going according to plan.  Instead, I sponged on Hit The Bottle Purple Hooter, Pop Rocks, Bubble Bee and Screwdriver, and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


BM-XL218
This plate was made in collaboration with Nails By Teens.  I am a huge fan of this plate too.  There are so many awesome images on this plate.

Image from Maniology
This mani I actually did a million years ago.  Ok slight exaggeration there but I don't really remember doing this mani so it is probably a couple of years old now. I thought I would still include it in today's post - but honestly I don't think it's a very good mani.  The image is so much better than this mani shows it.


This next mani (and image) I love!  The base is actually holographic and looks so much better when you can see it in sunlight, however the sun decided to disappear.  For this mani I used Color Club Cloud Nine and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


BM-XL219
This plate is made in collaboration with amyytran.  This plate has some really cute images on it.  It's definitely perfect for those of you who love reverse stamping.  

Image from Maniology
This plate really screams pastels to me.  I don't know why but it just does.  For my base I used Dance Legend 650, 651, 653 and 656 and stamped using Hit The Bottle's Snowed In.


BM-XL220
This plate is made in collaboration with nargisjonik.  This is another favourite of mine.  There are so many really fantastic images on this plate.

Image from Maniology
When I was swatching China Glaze Hydangea Dangea I thought it needed some delicate stamping and I am sooooo happy with this image.  It was exactly the look I was going for. 


I am a huge fan of this set of plates.  I am kicking myself that it has taken me so long to use them.

The Artist Collaboration Set Four is available from Maniology.

2 comments:

  1. Shop your own collection. Hehehe that's the best thing ever. It's kinda sad how many new ones we have that hasn't been used yet.

    I do like Paulina and Tanya's plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really fun to shop your own collection. I need to go through my collection tonight and pull at some things to play with sooner rather than later.

      Delete