Emily de Molly Boxing Day Sale Limited Editions (Part Two) - Swatches & Review

Saturday 26 January 2019


Earlier this week I shared with you part one of the Emily de Molly Limited Edition polishes that were released on Boxing Day last year.  You can find that post here.  There are some seriously amazing polishes in part one....and there are some awesome polishes in this post.  Today I have the other ten limited edition polishes to share with you.


LE132 is a purple base with blue chrome flakes.  The blue flakes mostly look dark grey due to the base colour.  The colour of this is gorgeous!  And I really like the glitter in it.  It does make it look like it has two different types of glitter which is cool.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
LE133 is a purple with turquoise shimmer and glitters in white and iridescent.  This is so pretty!  I love that we are starting to see some more of these types of polishes creeping back into the indie world.    The formula is great and applies even.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I do question if I need a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
LE134 is a dark brown holo with gold holographic glitters.  I think this is a good colour for winter.  The formula is amazing and you could easily get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE135 is a light brown holo with pink overlay, gold flakes and gold micro glitters.  I love everything about this polish.  It's gorgeous!  The formula is amazing and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE136 is a dark purple holo with golden green foil type shimmer.  I'm a huge fan of this one.  I think the colour plus the shimmer is stunning.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE137 is a terracotta brown with violet overlay, gold holographic micro glitters and a light gold magnetic effect.  This one isn't really my cup of tea, but you can't win them all.  The formula is good and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.  I should point out that I didn't use top coat on the magnetic swatch so that is why it looks a little textured.  Top coat will definitely sort that out.

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
LE138 is a dark purple with subtle pink to green shifting multichrome shimmer and gold holographic glitters.  This is such a gorgeous dark polish.  I can see me grabbing for it particularly in the cooler months.  The formula is awesome and applies like a dream.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
LE139 is a cherry red with subtle golden green to pink shifting shimmer.  As you may know I am not particularly a red polish fan, but I do like this one.  I think it is nice.  My pictures don't do the shimmer justice.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box (with flash)

Picture taken in light box (with flash)
LE140 is a maroon base with gold micro flakes and both a dark magenta and a purple magnetic effect.  This is such a gorgeous colour!  I love it.  The formula is also awesome and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
LE141 is a pinkish purple holo with white, black and iridescent glitters.  I quite like this one.  I think it is an interesting mix with the glitters.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
That completes all of the limited edition polishes that I picked up during the Boxing Day sales.  I have picked up some (or maybe it was all?) of the January limited editions which I am hopefully be swatching soon!  I do have lots of new things to play with at the moment.  Anyway, my favorites from these ten limited editions would have to be LE135 and LE140.  Look at me really narrowing down my favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment