101 Untrieds (Polishes 39 - 41) - Swatches & Review

Thursday 8 August 2019


In my last untrieds post I realised that I had been grabbing for lots of similar colours so I really made an effort to grab some completely different colours - and a bit of a mix of brands....kinda.  I do have a lot of the same brands (I am a creature of habit) which means I have a lot of untrieds within the brands.  I was also hoping to have a few extra polishes to share but time isn’t on my side this week. Let’s take a look at some of these oldies but goodies.



Color Club Daisy Does It is a sheer yellow base with yellow gold shimmer.  This polish is from the Take Wing Collection released back in 2012.  I actually brought the full collection because of Scrangie.  In fact, I can thank/blame Scrangie and her swatches for a lot of my polishes.  It's a shame she stopped blogging.  Anyway, this polish is really easy to use and fun to wear.  I used one coat over China Glaze Werk It Honey!




Emily de Molly Copper Field is a clear based topper with various sized glitters in copper, teal and purple.  I love the colour combination in this polish.  It's gorgeous!  The glitters do need a little manipulation to get them onto the nails nicely but I guess that is the case with all larger glitters.  For my swatch I used one coat over China Glaze At Your Athleisure.




Gloss 'n Sparkle Pixel Perfect is a glitter top with a rainbow of square glitters and black and white square glitters all in various sizes.  This polish really is such a blast from the past.  Gloss 'n Sparkle were among one of the first indie brands that I purchase.  Sadly they are long gone now, but polishes live forever.  This is a fun polish to wear but I did find it very base heavy (although that could be because the polish is so old that the glitters may have settled towards to bottom a little).  Next time I use this I will definitely sponge it on.  For my swatch I used one coat over China Glaze Bourgeois Beige.




OPI Silent Stars Go By is a blush pink (?) textured polish with pink hexes.  I am a big fan of this one.  The liquid sand polishes are fun to wear - although I do prefer them as an accent nail.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in three coats.




I'm sure I have said this before but it is really fun to wear old polishes.  I also find it interesting how much my tastes have changed since I started collecting polishes.  Have you worn one of your older polishes recently?  Do you love it still or have your tastes changed as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment