Grace-full Nail Polish Shimmer And Shine Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 17 April 2019


I'm happy to report that Grace-full Nail Polish are back with another great collection.  This collection is called the Shimmer And Shine Collection and consists of eight polishes in total - three holos, one crelly glitter, one metallic flake foil and two flakie crellies.  Basically, there is something for everyone in this collection.  This collection has polishes named after Mary Poppins songs as they are soft, light and playful and because Theresa had Shim Shimmery, Shim Shimmery, Shim Shim Shimmery stuck in her head when making the polishes....and now we all have that song stuck in our heads too.  Thanks Theresa!  Right, let's get lost with the pretties that is the Shimmer And Shine Collection.


Imagine That is a mint green metallic flake foil with teeny silver metallic flakes.  This polish is sooooo shiny and so pretty.  It's definitely one of those polishes that doesn't translate well in pictures.  It is a million time prettier in person.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Let's Go Fly A Kite is a soft blue crelly with copper, aqua blue metallic glitter and teal-blue and purple-blue iridescent glitter.  I am a big fan of the glitter mix in this polish and the base colour is pretty.  The formula is easy to use, however I did find it a little sheer and uneven on the first coat.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Shim Shim Sher-ee is a tri-thermal that is a soft pink at its warmest moving to mauve then a periwinkle blue at it's coldest and gold shimmer throughout.  I love this thermal!  I think the colours are gorgeous and the formula is amazing.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (warm to cold)

Picture taken in light box (warm to cold)

Picture taken in light box (warmest state)

Picture taken in light box (warmest state)
Sister Suffragette is a neutral/gold linear holo packed with red and gold aurora shimmer.  If you know me then you know that I love everything with aurora shimmer and this is no exception.  It's perfect if you are needing a nice neutral shade with a little something.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used three coats for my swatches because I am super fussy.  You really can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Theresa asked me if I could quickly do some comparison pictures between a few of her shades so I thought I would include it in my post.  I feel like these look more similar in the pictures than they do in person.  They are quite different polishes.  I have labelled each of the swatch sticks and each polish shows two coats.

Picture taken in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Spoonful Of Sugar is a peachy pink linear holo with gold shimmer throughout.  I love everything about this polish.  The colour is gorgeous, the shimmer is beautiful and the formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Step In Time is a light green crelly with gold glitter and gold metallic flakes.  I think that this is such a fun polish to wear.  I particular love the glitter and flakes in this polish.  Formula wise it is easy to work, however I did find it a little patchy on the first coat.  It does even out on the second, although I did use three coats for my swatch as I found it a little see through at the tips.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Supercalifrag is an ethereal mauve linear holo with aurora shimmer in blue-purple and teal-blue.  I am OBSESSED with this polish!  It is absolutely gorgeous!  Pictures don't do it justice at all.  It is better in person and more shifty.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Perfect Nanny is a super soft pink crelly with teeny rose gold metallic flakes throughout.  I love this polish!  It's such a pretty and fresh shade.  The formula is great and easy to use.  You can stop at two coats but I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
I am a big fan of this collection.  There are so many great polishes in the mix here and definitely something for everyone.  My personal picks would have to be Supercalifrag, Shim Shim Sher-ee, Spoonful Of Sugar, The Perfect Nanny, and Sister Suffragette.... did I basically just list the entire collection?  Oops.  It is a great collection!

The Shimmer And Shine Collection will be available from Grace-full Nail Polish on 20th April at 8pm AEST (or 5am CST) from the Australian site and the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment