Emily de Molly May 2019 Releases - Swatches & Review

Monday 29 April 2019


I know everyone is still probably trying to recover from Emily de Molly's last release, but prepare yourself - May's release is coming and it too is amazing!  I'm going to leave the chatting to a minimum here and just get straight into it.  Heads up - this post is quite picture heavy!  Right, let's take a look at these gorgeous polishes shall we?
   

City Of Light is a pale nude base with pink/copper/gold/green aurora shimmer.  Holy moly!  This polish is AMAZING!  I'm obsessed!  It is so shifty and shiny and just straight up awesome.  You can never get bored with this polish.  It looks so different depending on your lighting and angles.  Did I mention I love this polish?  The formula is a little on the sheer side but it does apply evenly.  I used four coats for my swatch, however you really only need three coats.
    
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken outdoors in sunlight

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Doll House is a bright violet pink (warm) to an eggplant purple (cold) thermal with micro metallic rose gold flakes.  I really like this polish in both states.  The colours are beautiful and it transitions well.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used three coats for my swatch.
   
Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in light box (warm)
Dull Beings is a pale grey/beige base with iridescent flakes.  This baby is packed with flakes and I love it!  The colour is great and the formula is too.  For my swatch I used three coats.
  
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Out Cold is a bright blue metallic flake.  This was the first polish that I wore from this release and it was instant love!  The colour and formula are AMAZING!  If you had short nails you could easily do one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.
   
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Speculation is a bright turquoise green metallic flake.  In turn turquoise style this one doesn't photograph accurately.  This may depend on your screen setting but to me it is more green toned in person and looks more blue toned on my screens.  It is super stunning in person and the formula is amazing.  Like with Out Cold you could easily do one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Outsider is a light purple base with green/blue/purple aurora shimmer.  I'm sure it will come as no surprise to hear me say that I love this one.  It is so shifty and the colours are gorgeous.  Pictures don't really do it justice.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can stop at two coats.  It was just a little see through at the tips in direct light for my personal taste.
   
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Well Suited is a dark teal blue base with bronze to green multichrome shimmer.  This is another love of mine.  I love the base colour and the shifty shimmer.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  You only need two coats, however my swatch does show three coats because I knocked one of my nails.
   
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Your Remedy is a bright red with silver metallic flakes.  I think this is pretty for a red polish and the formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.
   
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Are you excited for these May releases?  I know I am!  There are so many gorgeous polishes, you honestly can't go wrong.  My absolute favourites are City Of Light, Out Cold, The Outsider, Speculation and Well Suited.


The May releases will be available on Thursday 2nd May at 10am AEST from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Wednesday 1st May at 8pm EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment