31 Day Challenge Favourites 2014 - 2018

Monday 8 October 2018


It's been a whole week since I successfully completed the 31 Day Challenge.  Like every other year, it has it's ups and downs and I am happy that it is done for another year.  For today's post I have something completely different for you guys...well kind of.  You may be sick of hearing about the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge, but I thought it would be fun to have a look at some of my favourite manis that I have done for each prompt over the years.  I first completed this challenge back in 2014 and have done it every year since.  There has been a mix of some good manis (which I will share today) and some not so great ones.  So let's take a mini trip down memory lane shall we?


Red Nails
Red is never a favourite colour of mine to do manis with but luckily for me trying to pick my favourite red mani was pretty easy.  I am so happy with how this mani from 2015 turned out.


Orange Nails
My orange mani for this year was a complete fail!  But this mani is far from that.  I love this mani that I did back in 2016.


Yellow nails
Technically these aren't "yellow" but I love this mani that I did this year.  It was so sparkly and fun to wear.


Green Nails
This year's mani is definitely my favourite.  It's bright and fun!


Blue Nails
It was definitely hard to decide between last years blue mani and this years.  Both are equally gorgeous but I think I love 2017 just a tiny bit more.
 

Violet Nails
2017 was definitely my favourite of the violet nails.  I would very happily wear this mani again and again.
 

Black & White Nails
As much as I love black and white nails I can't say that any of the ones that I have done for this challenge have been my absolute favourites that I have ever done.  But that's not what this post is about.  My favourite black and white nails that I have done would be from 2017.
 

Metallic Nails
The metallic gradient using Essie's Good As Gold, Penny Talk and There's No Place Like Chrome is always a winner in my books.  I do love it with this stamping as well.  This mani is from 2017.
 

Rainbow Nails
I am a really big fan of the rainbow mani that I did this year, but when push comes to shove this mani from 2015 steals my heart.
 

Gradient Nails
This was definitely extremely hard to pick.  It was a toss up between a neon gradient and this metallic gradient.  I do love both equally however I went for the metallic gradient from 2017 because I have a neon gradient that I think is even better than the one I did for this challenge.



Polka Dots
I remember after I posted this mani that I had forgotten to put a watermark on it.  It was 2014 and manis were being stolen left, right and centre so this mani popped up in quite a few places - even with some other people's watermarks.


Stripes
I have actually done this mani in a couple of colour versions over the years (two times just for this one challenge).  I am always a sucker for purple manis so this one from 2015 wins my vote.



Animal Print
I love the mani that I did this year, but I think that this one from 2014 wins mainly because it was freehand.  I'll give myself a little pat on the back for freehand manis.  I also really like the colours in this mani.


Flowers
I absolutely love this flower mani!  I still remember how excited I was that a decal mani I did actually worked out.  I still struggle with decal manis.  I blame the curve in my nails.  This mani was posted in in 2015.



Delicate Print
Picking a favourite for the delicate print was hard.  I quite like the majority of the manis I have done for this prompt.  But there can only be one winner so I picked this year's mani.




Geometric
Hands down my favourite geometric mani that I have done for this challenge is the one that I did this year.  I would happily wear this mani for ages.



Glitter
This one was a bit of an easy pick for me - neon glitter placement mani that I did back in 2015.  It's such a fun mani.



Half Moons
Ah the dreaded half moons.  I really dislike these types of manis!  But I need to pick on mani as my favourite so I guess I'll go with this years.  I do like the colour combination, although I do think that they need to be a bit more rounded.



Galaxies
It was definitely a toss up between my first year's galaxy mani and this year's but I think this year's one is just a little bit better.



Water Marble
While technically it's not water marbling this year's mani is definitely my favourite mani that I have done for the water marble prompt.


Inspired By A Colour
This is a little tricky for me as there are quite a few manis that I really like (although if you compare them to other manis I have done outside of this challenge then they aren't that great lol).  My favourite has to be this years mani.  Even though I don't wear neons as much as I previously have, I still love them!



Inspired By A Song
This is really a toss up between two manis - the one I did back in 2014 was inspired by Silverchair (the idea behind it I think is really cool but the execution isn't great) and then 2017 Diamonds.  I'm going to pick my 2017 mani mainly because the execution is so much better than the 2014 mani.



Inspired By A Movie
While this is one my my least favourite prompts I actually think I have done a few good manis.  I am proud of the Minion nails I did back in 2014, and the Frozen mani I did in 2016 was all really good, but I think that the Zombie mani from last year is probably my favourite.



Inspired By A Book
The mani that I did this year is hands down my favourite.  I still think about this mani now.  It was so stunning!  It will have to make a come back I think.



Inspired By Fashion
I am always a sucker for neon manis.  This mani from 2015 was inspired by a dress my daughter had.  The dress was so cute and it made for a fun mani.



Inspired By A Pattern
I'm honestly a little surprised at the manis that I have done over the years for this prompt.  I would have thought there would be a lot of manis that I loved but really there is only two - this years and then this one that I did back in 2015.  I still remember wearing this mani so I'm putting it as my favourite that I have done for this prompt so far.



Inspired By Artwork
Now this was a hard one to pick!  It was definitely a toss up between 2017 and 2018 but I think that last years is a little bit better.  Pretty sure I used the same polishes in both manis too.



Inspired By A Flag
No good manis have really come from this theme if I am honest.  It's definitely one of my least favourite prompts.  I do need to pick one so I would have to say that this mani from 2015.



Inspired By The Supernatural
It is definitely a toss up between the Superman mani I did in 2014 and then the Harry Potter mani in 2015.  My freehand definitely had improved in 2015 so the Harry Potter mani wins as my favourite.




Inspired By A Tutorial
I think this patterned mani that I did in 2015 would have to be my favourite.  It's completely different to anything that I have ever done.  I really think I should do some more things like this.



Honor Nails You Love
For two years in a row I used the Pastel Pets from Pretty Serious Cosmetics so naturally I love both of those manis, but there can only be one favourite so I am going to go with this watermarble based mani I did back in 2016.


Well this has been a bit of a fun post for me to do.  Hopefully you guys have enjoyed seeing it. 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun post to read. I love that you showed us your favourites for each prompt. I can definitely see why they were favourites. I can't wait to see how your choices change after next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If my manis improve next year than maybe I can consider re doing this post. It was definitely fun (and scary) to look back at some of these

      Delete