Emily de Molly August 2018 Releases - Swatches & Review

Monday 6 August 2018


It's that exciting time of the month again - new releases from Emily de Molly!  I don't know about you guys but I always get really excited when Hayley makes new polishes.  There are always so many stunners, it actually makes it really hard to decide which polish to wear first.  I usually decide based on if they need sunlight (and then of course what the actual weather is) or alphabetical order.  Less decision making for me that way. Lol.  Enough babbling from me, let's take a look at this month's releases.


Ashes From Flames is an olive brown holo with golden shimmer and silver holo micro glitters.  I think that this is such an interesting shade.  It's not one that I would normally gravitate too but I quite like it.  The formula is fantastic (you could get away with doing one coat).  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Dancing Through Sunday is a periwinkle blue with orange to green iridescent flakes, aurora pigment and silver holo microglitter.  This polish is gorgeous!  It's definitely one of my favourites from this release.  I don't think that my pictures do this polish justice.  It's better in person.  The formula is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors is shade
Memories Of Midnight is a purple filled with blue chrome flakes and metallic blue micro glitters.   Really big fan of this polish too.  The colour is gorgeous and the formula is awesome.  Again this is one of those polishes that you could get away with doing one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Positive Contact is a dark rose gold foil magnetic with blue to purple shifting shimmer.  I really like this polish - both before and after the magnet.  I think its quite pretty and unique.  I definitely don't have anything like it in my collection.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box (without magnet)

Picture taken in light box (without magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (without magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (without magnet)
Right Of Passage is a dark purple holo with subtle green to purple multichrome shimmer and tiny blue iridescent flakes.  This is another gorgeous polish (although I did think that this was blue and not purple).  The formula is also fantastic.  You could get away with doing one coat.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Subdued Delights is a lilac (warm) to dry peach (cold) thermal with green to pink shifting shimmer.  I really like this polish in it's warm state, however I am not a fan of it in it's cold state.  The formula is great, it applies evenly and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box with flash (cold)

Picture taken under direct light

Picture taken in light box (warm/transition)

Picture taken in light box (warm/transition)

Picture taken in light box (warm)
The Maze And The Hightower is a light blue (warm) to light teal green (cold) thermal with strong pink to gold shifting shimmer, iridescent flakes and silver micro glitters and shimmer.  I love this polish - both in the cold and warm states.  I think it looks so pretty.  The formula is great and applies well.  I believe I used three coats for this polish (I forgot to write it down).

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (cold)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (cold)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)
I know I say this every month (and I promise it's not me being bias or anything like that - Emily de Molly has genuinely been one of my favourite indie brands for years now!) but I really like this month's release.  There isn't one that I don't like (with the exception of Subdued Delights in it's cold state - but I do like it in the warm state).  My personal favourites would have to be Memories Of Midnight, Dancing Through Sunday and The Maze And The Hightower.

The August releases will be available on Thursday 9th August at 10am AEST from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Wednesday 8th August at 8pm EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment