Ulta3 Autumn/Winter Metallic Nail Colour Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 26 May 2015


Today I am excited to share with you the recently released Autumn/Winter Metallic Collection from Ulta3.  I have seen a couple of people mention that these are a textured collection, but I haven't seen any marketing from Ulta3 that says that they are meant to be textured, only metallics.  That being said, these can be worn as a textured polish if you desire but I don't find that they give the same textured look or gritty feeling as an OPI Liquid Sand (they are the only textured polishes I have tried so it's all I can compare it too).

The formulas of this collection I found are really easy to work with and either need two or three coats to be opaque.  I did find that they were quite slow drying which was a bit of a surprise for me.  Normally I find the fine glitters dry a lot quicker.

24 Carat Gold is a clear based polish that is filled with gold and silver microglitters.  Really pretty and sparkly.  I think this would look pretty layered over other polishes too.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Black Quartz is a black based polish with fine silver glitters.  This polish dries quicker than some of the others in the collection and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

From The Mine is a clear based with copper, gold and silver microglitters.  This polish is definitely unique in my collection.  I found that this one also didn't dry as slow as other in this collection, but it was still slower to dry than Black Quartz.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Galaxy is a grey based polish with gold and silver microglitters.  The mix of colours give it kind of a greenish look to it.  It's really pretty and quite unique in my collection.  This one also appears to dry the quickest of the collection.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Moon Dust is a clear bases polish with silver microglitters.  Super pretty and sparkly, but really slow drying.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

I quite like this collection of polishes.  It is particularly great for those starting there polish collections seems they are at such an affordable price (RRP $3).  My absolute favorite is Galaxy from this collection.

Ulta3 is available from local chemists and pharmacies.  You can find your nearest stockist here.







No comments:

Post a Comment