Emily de Molly Toppers (December 2019 Release) - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 22 January 2020


Today I have the last of the polishes I purchased in 2019 which means I can officially tick off one of my goals for this this year.  Yay!  The polishes I have to share with you today are super exciting (well I think they are) and I believe are still available now...maybe I should look before I say that.  Anyway, I am going to start babbling.  Let's talk about the toppers that Emily de Molly releases back in December.  Now to keep some consistency with these I thought I would swatch everything over black.  Obviously you can use them over any other polish (or on their own if that is your thing).  I know I am going to have some fun using these over other colours.  Anyway.... polishes....



Chasing Gold is a clear based topper filled with gold metallic flakes.   I'm not a massive gold fan so this one doesn't scream out to me but it is still really pretty.  I think it would look great over different coloured bases.  It also has great glitter pay off.  For my swatch I used one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Cohesion is a clear based topper filled with four different iridescent shifting flakes.  OMG!  I am obsessed with this one.  It's absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to wear.  I used one coat for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Finishing Move is a clear based topper filled with red/gold/green iridescent flakes.  This is another polish I am obsessed with.  It's so good and so shifty.  My pictures really don't do it justice.  My swatch shows one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Inflow is a clear based topper filled with blue/purple iridescent flakes.  These are sometimes referred to as ghost flakes as they seem to disappear at some angles.  This one was definitely a little trickier to apply but not in a bad way.  The glitters definitely do disappear which makes it hard to tell if they have come out or if they leave any bald patches.  Aside from the disappearing trick the formula is easy to use and I love the glitters.  I can't wait to see what this topper looks like over other colours.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Second Best is a clear based topper filled with silver holographic micro glitters.  I'm really just getting to that point where I start repeating myself but I am a huge fan of this polish too!  It's so pretty.  It doesn't look like it's holo in my pictures but unfortunately there was so much smoke from the bush fires that the sun couldn't bring out the holo.  You'll have to check out some other swatches to see the holo.  Anyway, my swatch shows one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting
Three Cards is a clear based topper filled with two different iridescent shifting flakes and metallic gold flakies. I love the combination of the iridescent flakes and the gold metallic ones.  It's gorgeous and I am head over heels in love.  For my swatch I used one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

How gorgeous are these toppers?  I'm totally in love and I can't wait to play with these toppers over other base colours.

Do you have these toppers?  If so, what are you favourite base colours to wear these over?

No comments:

Post a Comment