The Indie Spectrum November 2019 Box - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 26 November 2019


Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope your day is going well.  I'm exhausted and my brain isn't co-operating with me.  I've actually started this post about ten times already but I'm really not sure how to start this post - so rambling it is.  Anyway, today  I have the new Indie Spectrum Box to share with you.  This box has a shade from Emily de Molly, Grace-full Nail Polish, Femme Fatale Cosmetics and Bettie Pain.  Let's just jump straight into the polishes...


Bettie Pain Silent Night is a blackened blue jelly filled with opalescent purple, blue, pink, gold and red flakies.  This is actually the first time I have tried any Bettie Pain and what a great polish for me to start with.  The colour and flakes are gorgeous!  The formula is good and easy enough to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Emily de Molly Hidden Meaning is a teal green base filled with green to purple shifting chrome flakes, blue iridescent flakes and a small amount of silver holographic flakes.  Love this one!  The colours are gorgeous and the formula is great.  I'm not sure this one photographs as nice as it is in person.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Tinsel & Trinkets is a cherry pink sheer base, blue glow and assorted red holo and metallic glitters/shards.  It has been a loooooooong time since I have used a Femme Fatale polish and I have to say that not much has changed.  This polish is definitely on the sheer side and is patchy.  The glitters in this have a tendency to stick up and not lay flat (I actually had to take some of the flakes off because they were too chunky).  I used three coats for my swatch but please note that I did use extra polish on the tips of my nails to help build the colour up.  Also for top coat I used a really thick coat but as you can probably tell the glitter is still really lumpy.  I think I would have needed another coat or two of the top coat to smooth it out.  With all that said, I like the idea of this polish.  I just wished that it wasn't so chunky or sheer.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast lighting


Grace-full Nail Polish Candy Cane Kiss is a white crelly with red holo microglitter, cherry red matter glitter and limi holo mirco glitter.  If this polish doesn't scream Christmas than I don't know what does.  I think it would be great with some nail art over it.  The formula is good and easy to use.  It was patchy on the first coat but does even out on the second coat (which is what I used for my swatch) but I question if I should have given it a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting
The Indie Spectrum Box will be available for pre order from November 28th until December.

No comments:

Post a Comment