Jessica Cosmetics Tea Party Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 28 November 2019


Seriously where is time going?  I have been so busy of late that my days are all mashing together.  But things should kinda calm down a little for me in the next couple of weeks as my daughter needs to have some surgery next week so my focus with be on her and her recovery.  But let's talk about some nicer and more fun things - nail polish! Last week I shared with you a great collection of nude/neutral polishes from Jessica Cosmetics (you can see the Blushing Beauty Collection here if you are interested) and today I have the Tea Party Collection to share with you.  This is definitely the collection I am most excited about.  I love pastels for spring...well for any time of year really.  They are just so pretty!


Blueberry Cream is a light blue creme.  I love this one.  The colour is gorgeous and the formula is fantastic.  It applies even and is opaque in two coats.


Earl Grey is a light grey creme.  Big fan of this one too.  It's a great colour and the formula is great too.  For my swatch I used two coats.


Lavender Love is a lavender purple creme.  I love the colour of this one but the formula isn't a favourite.  It's quite sheer and applies patchy on the first coat but does build up on the second coat.  I used three coats for my swatch because it was still looking patchy.


Love You Very Matcha! is a light green creme.  Big fan of this one too.  Again, the colour is great and the formula is easy to use.  For my swatch I used two coats.


Pumpkin Spice is an orange creme.  Just to sound like a broken record here - this one is great!  I really like the colour and the formula is so good and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Yellow Meringue is a yellow creme.  This one actually surprised me.  I was expecting the formula to be the same as Lavender Love (because yellows are normally a little more difficult to deal with) but nope.  For such a light colour the formula is fantastic!  It is a little patchy but it is really easy to work with.  Plus the colour is gorgeous!  For my swatch I used three coats but only because it looked a tiny bit patchy still on the second coat.  If you can get you coats relatively even then you could stop at two coats.


I am a huge fan of this collection.  The colours are all beautifuly (and perfect for this time of year) and the formulas (for the most part) are great.  The one complaint I have about this collection is that it's missing a pink.  Having a pink would have made this collection even better - plus there would be sooooooo many nail art options.  Speaking of which, I was hoping to get some nail art done using this collection before this post went up but time wasn't on my side.  There will be some nail art coming in the near future (I hope).

The Tea Party Collection is available now from Jessica Cosmetics.

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I know you said some were patchy, but do you think the rest would water marble well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stunning aren't they? I'm possibly the worlds worst water marbler and avoid it at all costs. I wouldn't even know what makes for a good water marble polish. Sorry

      Delete