Emily de Molly Valentine's Trio - Swatches & Review

Thursday 9 February 2017


I have been trying to behave and not buy as many polishes this year so I can catch up with all the polishes that I purchased last year.  That and there hasn't really been a heap of new releases yet.  Anyway, Emily de Molly recently released their Valentine's Trio and it looked so beautiful in Hayley's swatches that I just couldn't resist.  I am so happy I grabbed these.  They are so sparkly and so beautiful in person!


Animated Hearts has a clear base with blue shimmer, silver holographic glitter and red to green shifting iridescent glitter.  Now this polish in particular needs to come with a warning!  It is seriously blinding in sunlight.  I wish I could say I was joking.  I went outside to take a picture in the sun and bam!  Blinded!  Definitely wished I had my sunglasses on.  Anyway, aside from being incredibly sparkly, this polish is stunning!  The formula is great and has a great glitter payoff.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Courtly Love is a clear base with gold to green shifting shimmer, copper holographic glitter and red to green shifting iridescent glitter.  Everything I said about Animated Hearts applies to this polish.  Well minus the blinding part.  I remembered to grab my sunglasses before heading outside lol.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Three's A Crowd is a dark purple jelly with gold to green shifting shimmer, silver holographic glitter, fuchsia glitter and red to green shifting iridescent glitter.  This is definitely my favourite of the three.  It's sparkly, it's gorgeous colour and it's easy to use, I mean what more can I say?  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Seriously, how gorgeous are these polishes?  I can see me using Three's A Crowd as a full mani but I think Animated Hearts and Courtly Love would make perfect accent nails for me.  That being said they are stunning polishes, and if you are wanting a fully blinged out mani then these babies are what you need!

The Valentine's Trio is available now from Emily de Molly's Australian site.  They may also be available through the international site or one of the stockists.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Animated Hearts! Courtly Love is gorgeous as well. I've never really checked out Emily de Molly that much, but I think this post may have convinced me to add some more polishes to my wishlist. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous polish! And ridiculously sparkly! I love it! Emily de Molly is easily one of my favourite indie brands. She makes some great colours and the formulas are fantastic!

      Delete