Bundle Monster Mystic Woods Set Two Stamping Plate Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 15 January 2017


I am super excited for today's post for a couple of reasons, but first I guess there are a couple of things I probably should explain for this to make sense.  One of the big things for me about being sent things to swatch and review is that I like them done in a timely manner.  I hate having people waiting for me (even if things are out of my control) but I also don't like to rush things too much.  Obviously the more things I am sent the longer things take for me to get through etc.  Now if you remember, I was sent a HUGE package from Bundle Monster late last year.  I was lucky enough to be sent the Electric Glo, Weekend Warrior, Star Slinger and Mythos Stamping Polish Collections as well as both of the Mystic Woods Stamping Plate Collections.  I swatched and review Set One last week and today I have Set Two to share with you.  So why am I excited for this post?  Well, not only does this mean that I am up to date with my swatching for Bundle Monster but I also have had a good chance to swatch this collection, which is definitely my favorite of the two sets.  Let's take a look shall we?

Image from Bundle Monster
BM-S181 Leafy Feathers
I really like the looks of this plate.  I did attempt a mani using the top feather image but I wasn't happy with the result.  I'm not sure if it was the colours I had chosen or how I placed it on my nails, but either way it wasn't a great mani.  I will definitely have to come back to it at some point.  I also like the two leafy images on the right of the plate.
Image from Bundle Monster
BM-S182 Mucho Mushrooms
This plate isn't really one that I would grab for unless there was a challenge that needed a mushroom design.  I do like the image that divides the plate.
Image from Bundle Monster
BM-S183 Jerry's Forest
This is quite a cute little plate.  I think it would be fun to colour it in either with sheer tints or to make decals.
Image from Bundle Monster
BM-S184 Unicorn's Home
If you are looking for tree images of different kinds then this is definitely the plate to have.  And it has a bonus unicorn.  Seriously, who doesn't love unicorns?
Image from Bundle Monster
BM-S185 Earthly Medallions
Now this plate is right up my alley.  It's along the floral lines and there are so many options with what to do.  Keep it basic on all nails, use it as an accent nail, gradients, decals etc.  I can see me getting a lot of use out of this plate.
Image from Bundle Monster
You guys may have already seen this mani as I used it for a challenge mani yesterday, but in case you missed that post I thought I would include it in here so you can see the size of the images on my nails.  For my base I used OPI Mod About You and then stamped using Bundle Monster's Kandi Spirit.



BM-S186 Nature's Kaleidoscope
This is another plate that I really like.  It is along the same lines as the above plate and just has so many different options with what you can do with it.
Image from Bundle Monster
This is a mani that started out as something completely different, and failed miserably.   It was then too late for me to do anything else so I went with another quick and simple option.  For this mani I used OPI It's In The Clouds and Bundle Monster's Mercury Baseline.



BM-S187 Sky & Sea
Have I mentioned that I really like these scene type of images?  They really take all the thinking out of nail art and make it really easy.
Image from Bundle Monster
I had a tough time deciding which of these images I was going to do until I decided that I wanted to break away from using pinks, purples and blues (I feel like I have been using them a lot lately).  I decided that something red, orange and yellow was the way to go which made perfect sense for the dragon image at the top of the plate.  For my gradient I used Bundle Monster's Rose Garden, Teepee Tipping and E-tronica.  Yes these are stamping polishes, but OMG they are perfect polishes for gradients!  I'm not sure why I haven't done this sooner.



BM-S188 Butterfly Wings
This plate is hands down my favorite from this collection.  I love butterfly nails, and honestly skip over them a lot of the time because free handing them can be a bit of a pain.  Now I have the perfect solution and my manis won't all look the same.
Image from Bundle Monster
For this mani I did a diagonal gradient using China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy, Purple Panic and That's Shore Bright and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  I seriously love this mani!



BM-S189 Life's Boutique
I am a huge fan of the image in the top left corner.  I have used it a couple of times now.  The first time was when I was swatching Bundle Monster's Weekend Warrior Stamping Polish Collection and then for the mani below.  I have also reached for it a few other times but have stopped myself so that I can use some other images.
Image from Bundle Monster
For my base I used OPI Five-and-Ten and then stamped using Bundle Monster's Lunar Lines, Psychedelic Stereo and Kandi Spirit.



BM-S190 Mashup Of Nature
I think you can make some really great manis with this plate.  I haven't thought exactly how I want to use it yet but I will have to come back to it.
Image from Bundle Monster
Overall I really like this stamping plate collection.  If I had to pick between this set and Set One of the Mystic Woods Collection then I would definitely pick this set.  There are more images that I would use - and I really love the butterfly wing plate.  All of the plates I used picked up and transferred the images well.  I had no issues what so ever (well unless you include my nail fail - but that was completely my fault and not the plates lol).

The Mystic Woods Set Two Stamping Plate Collection is available now (both as a set or as individual plates) from Bundle Monster.

*edit:  I am now a Maniology Ambassador!  You can save 10% off your order at Maniology with the code OLIVIA10.  Please note that I do make a small commission when you use my code (which I plan on then putting back into my blog - ie buying new products to swatch and review).

4 comments:

  1. Wow these plates are gorgeous, those last 3 are beautiful & your manis are amazing.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. There really are some great images on these plates. Have you tried BM plates?

      Delete
  2. I love this set too!! Bundlemonster has been killing it lately with some fantastic images! Your designs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I couldn't agree with you more! I really want their latest stamping plates oh and their stamping polishes. I may obsessed with their stamping polishes.

      Delete