Color Club Halo Hues 2015 Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 15 February 2016


I can't believe that I am finally sitting down and writing this post! I ordered the Color Club Halo Hues 2015 Collection back in September or October last year but between moving house, swatching other things and having no sun it made it some what challenging to wear these.  I did manage to swatch these before I left for my holiday and had intended to write this post in December but lack of internet and then being sick for so long.....anyway it's here!  The blog post is finally here!  



To save me from repeating myself on all of these (I am sure it would be boring to read the same thing over and over).  The formulas on each of these are great.  They are easy to work with and are opaque in two coats which all my swatches swatch (except for What's Your Sign - that has three coats).  It also wasn't the sunniest of days when I swatched these, so please note that they are more holo than they appear in my pictures.

Crystal Baller is a cornflower blue holo.  Really pretty both in the sun and indoors.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sun
Date With Destiny is a pastel lilac holo.  Another really pretty colour.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight
Fingers Crossed is a tricky one to describe.  It sits somewhere between a silver and a light gold depending on which angle you are looking at.  It's definitely not as gold in tone as Star Light, Star Bright.  It's quite unique and I really like it.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Just My Luck is similar to Fingers Crossed, however it is more green toned.  Personally if I had to pick between the two shades I would pick Fingers Crossed because I like the colour better.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sidewalk Psychic is a rusty coppery brown holo.  I don't love this colour but I don't hate it either.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Star Light, Star Bright is a platinum gold holo.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
What's Your Sign? is a really light pastel pink holo.  Super pretty.  I found that this one wasn't as opaque as the others in the collection and needed three coats.  You can get away with two coats, however these is a slight visible nail line in certain lights.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I am a huge fan of the Halo Hues that have been released previously and I am a fan of the 2015 shades as well.  Some of the shades are quite similar so you may not need to buy them all....unless you are like me and likes having full collections of things where possible.  Am I the only one who does that?  My personal favorites are What's Your Sign?, Crystal Baller, Date With Destiny and Fingers Crossed.


2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. Got my collection. Just waiting for the sun in Scotland so I can wear them lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers crossed that you get some sunshine soon. There is nothing worse than having pretty holos and no sunshine

      Delete