Barry M Gelly Nail Paints - Swatches & Review

Sunday 28 February 2016


Barry M is one of those brands that you see and hear about everywhere.  I have been eyeing off so many of their polishes for years and I finally managed to get my hands on some.  Barry M is now available in Big W stores in Australia and I am so happy.  My local Big W didn't stock Barry M for ages but now have a full display of make up and polishes.  Yay!  After struggling with which polishes to grab, I decided on six Gelly's which I will share with you today.


Blueberry is a cornflower blue creme.  Stunning colour and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.


Greenberry is an aqua green creme.  Again the formula is easy to use and it is such a pretty colour.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Papaya is an orange creme.  I really like the colour in the bottle but I am not sure that I like it so much on me.  I found that this one applied a little streaky on the first coat but evened out on the second.  I recommend using minimal brush strokes with this one.  My swatch shows two coats.


Pink Punch is a pink creme.  Great formula and stamps quite well.  That is definitely a huge bonus for me.  My swatch shows two coats.


Prickly Pear is a pale lilac creme.  This one is the sheerest of the one that I have tried.  I used two coats for my swatch, but I think I should have added a third.  The formula was easy to work with.


Sugar Plum is an orchid creme.  Stunning colour and has the best formula of the ones I have tried.  It's very close to being a one coater so I am pretty sure that this one will stamp as well.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Overall, I am really impressed with the Barry M Gelly polishes.  The formulas are easy to work with and the colours are so pretty.  I will definitely need to add some more to my collection.  What other Barry M polishes have you tried that you think I may like?  I am keen to try more.

Barry M polishes as far as I am aware are only available in Australia in Big W stores.

4 comments:

  1. I love Barry M loads & am so pleased you can now get it in Australia.
    Are they pricey over there?
    Vicky
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Barry M too. I can see more coming to live with me soon. It's not badly priced here. It's $9.95 per bottle I believe. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I am going on vacation for 2 weeks, so I might not be able to give your blog as much love but I will when I return!!

    ReplyDelete