Grace-full Nail Polish Dreamy Beach Collection - Swatches & Review - Part 1 Pastels

Wednesday 18 February 2015


Recently Grace-Full Nail Polish released a Dreamy Beach Collection as part of their Girls Just Want To Have Fun series.  This collection is inspired by Theresa's memories and feelings of the beach as well as images.  The collection is filled with lots of beautiful pastels and sea tones.  I have decided to post this collection in two parts -  part one will feature all the pastel cremes and then part two will feature the crellies.



Anne is a beautiful slightly yellow toned mint green.  I absolutely love this colour, however I found the formula a little tricky to work with.  I have very curved nails and find that runny formulas tend to slip off my nails and pool on the sides and around the cuticle area.  This polish did just that.  I needed three coats to get it opaque.



Brooke is a light pastel yellow.  Its actually the lightest shade of yellow that I own.  This has a similar for formula to Anne in that it slides off my nails,but I actually found that Brooke was easier for me to manage.  I used three coats for my swatch.



Emma is a cotton candy pink.  I do love a good pink and this is definitely a good pink.  The formula is runny so likes to drip off the brush (these are great for water marbling) so you need to be careful when applying.  Application wise the polish is pretty good.  Going over the same spot with the brush creates bald patches but careful application can avoid this.  I used two coats for my swatch.



Jacinta is described by Theresa as being the perfect periwinkle. It's not quite blue but its not lilac either.  However you want to describe it, this polish is gorgeous.  The polish did want to run off my nails slightly but the colour is pigmented enough to give full opaqueness in two coats.



Liz is a stunning peach colour.  Normally I shy away from orange toned polishes but this one is stunning.  The formula of this one is great.  It applied easy and was opaque in two coats.



Maddison is a lavender purple.  Now this polish is amazing!  I love everything about it.  The colour is stunning and the formula is amazing.  If you apply this really careful you can probably get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.



Margaret is a blue toned mint green/seafoam.  This is yet another absolutely gorgeous colour.  Two coats is all that is needed.  The polish does drip off the brush so you definitely need to be careful when applying the polish.  Margaret is actually a little lighter in person than my picture shows but my camera just wanted to make her slightly darker.



The last creme polish from this collection is Samara. Samara is a turquoise blue and applies really nicely.  This polish does photograph brighter and more blue toned than it is in real.  It is definitely a beautiful colour.  My swatch is of two coats.



Overall I absolutely love the cremes in this collection.  Even though some of the formulas don't agree with my curved nails, the colours are so worth the extra effort.  My favorites are Maddison, Margaret and Jacinta.

These are available to purchase from Grace-Full Nail Polish for $8 each or $57.60 for the set.




No comments:

Post a Comment