Uberchic Beauty Just For Claws Stamping Plate Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 2 March 2020


Uberchic are back at it again and have been releasing new product after new product at the moment and I am all for it.  There are some really pretty powders (but I don't have these purely because I am not very good at using powders so figured it would be best for those bloggers who do use so they can do them the justice they deserve, some new stamping polishes and some new plates.  I have the new Just For Claws stamping plates to share with you today and then the new Spring Kawaii plate to share at the later date.  The Just For Claws plates are designed for those with really long nails (or claws if you will).  The full sized images are 20mm wide by 35mm tall - which are massive!  I purposely grew out my nails just to swatch these plates and they are still huge for my nails.

Image from Uberchic Beauty
Before jumping into the manis that I have done with these plates I just want to mention a couple of things (it will save me repeating myself for each of these plates).  All of these plates include images from previous collections by Uberchic but in a larger size and they all stamp beautifully.  I didn't have any issues and I love the designs that are on all three of the plates. 

1-01

Image from Uberchic Beauty
This mani is hands down one of my favourite manis that I have done in a very long time.  It was a sad day when I had to take them off but that is the great thing about taking pictures of my nails - the memories will last forever.  Anyway, for this mani I used Powder Perfect Turtle Doves, China Glaze Son Of A Peach and Bottoms Up and stamped using Hit The Bottle Black As Night.


I also love this mani too.  For my base I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, and dry brushed using OPI You're So Outta Lime, Pink Friday, I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Sailing & Nail-ing, and You're Such A Budapest.


1-02

Image from Uberchic Beauty
I gravitated towards this image on this first plate but the mani didn't quite turn out how I had hoped.  Don't get me wrong I still like this mani but I was hoping for some more contrast with the colours.  They just blended too well together.  Polishes used are Candy Coat 198, 232 and 1023 and stamped using Hit The Bottle Black As Night.


This is an accidentally mani and I love it.  I wanted pastel nails (actual pastel - not neon pastel) and had planned on using the floral image over it in white.  Some how I ended up grabbing out a bunch of the pastel pets from Pretty Serious Cosmetics (exact polishes are Little Duckling, Poppet, Dollface, Bunny Foo Foo, Peachie Poo and Bon Bon) and stamped a completely different image in black.  Like I said I love this mani!



1-03

Image from Uberchic Beauty
I think that this image would look awesome with a multicoloured neon background (putting that idea away for a future mani) but I thought it would be fun to go a bit more simple - multichrome over black.  I love how this mani turned out.  It does shift to more colours but apparently I forgot to photograph it more.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Fade Into Black and Colour Alike B An Orion.




This is actually the first mani I did with these plates and I am in love with it.  For my base I sponged on Grace-full Nail Polish Mintie, Lilac Vision and Oasis Blue and stamped using Hit The Bottle Black As Night.


I have always been a big fan of the collection plates that Uberchic have released over these years and this collection is no exception.  I haven't had issues in terms of size with the original sized images although when my nails are long I do have to place the images a little more carefully.  The Just For Claws plates means I don't really have to be as careful because it's hard to miss the image on the nails.  There is a good mixture of images from some of the earlier plates as well as some of the newer plates.  I did find it a little odd that a couple of images on these plates have come from 'buffet" images which I would assume they would work for longer nails anyway.  But I love these plates and will definitely keep reaching for them. 

The Just For Claws stamping plates are available now from Uberchic Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment