Hand In Hand - Aussie Indies Bushfire Relief Auctions - Swatches & Review

Saturday 25 January 2020


As you may be aware for the last few months a lot of Australia has been experiencing bush fires.  There has been billions (yes billions!) of animals lost, houses and buildings destroyed, lives lost and lots on injuries.  As you can imagine there is a great need for help.  Many of the Australian Indies have pulled together to great some special polishes to auction off in the upcoming days.  I have swatches of these polishes to share with you today.


Bettie Pain - Celeste is a pale grey bases with a soft holo effect and strong red to violet to gold shimmer.  It also has a subtle thermal finish to make it a darker grey when cold.  I think this is such a gorgeous colour.  I do prefer the cold shade over the warm shade (although really there isn't a huge difference in colours) but I find the shimmer stands out a little more when it's cold.  And is definitely a lot stronger in the bottle than on the nail.  Formula wise I did find that this one did drag a little on particularly on the first coat so I recommend trying to use a little strokes as possible and definitely don't go over the same spots.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (warm/transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (warm/transitioning)

Picture taken outdoors in shade (warm/transitioning)

Picture taken outdoors in shade (warm/transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm/transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm/transitioning)
Emily de Molly - Breath Of Fresh Air is a dark teal green base with a vibrant blue shimmer.  Hayley has noted that there is a possibility of staining with this colour so a base coat is highly recommended.  I love the colour of this one.  It's deep yet vibrant.  Is that even a thing?  It is now.  The formula is great and easy to work with but it was a little uneven on the first coat, but evened out on the second coat.  I did wear this polish for a little over 24 hours and didn't have any staining (I used a base coat).  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken outdoors in overcast sunlight
Femme Fatale Cosmetics - Flora is a deep purple base with green-purple unicorn shimmer and green holographic microglitters.  This is another really pretty polish.  It does look more blue than purple on the nails (no complaints because it's still really pretty).  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Grace-full Nail Polish - We Are One is a deep green jelly with green, gold and blue iridescent colour shifting flakes, lime, blue and gold UCC flakes and gold-green aurora shimmer.  This one is such a pretty colour.  I really like the glitters in it too.  The formula is great and easy to use.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Hit The Bottle - Holding Back The Tears is a deep blurple base with UCC flakes shifting between magenta, copper, gold and green, and purple micro glitters and galaxy holo.  Super pretty colour and gorgeous glitter combination.  The formula is great and easy to use.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Lilypad Lacquer - Pray For Australia is a fiery orange scattered holo with gold sparks.  This is such a vibrant colour and the formula is great and easy to use.  For my swatch I used three coats, although you can stop at two coats but I found it was a little sheer at the tips for me.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Mckfresh Nail Attire - Stand Together & Sparkle is a clear base with shifting violet shimmers, green-gold-orange-red multichrome flakeis and pops of blue-purple iridescence.  This polish is a topper but it does say that it will reach opacity in 2-3 coats.  Honestly I don't think this polish will build up without being sponged on.  When I initially tried it I tried doing two thick coats and it would have needed at least another two plus coats to remove the visible nail line.  With all that said, as a topper this polish is awesome!  I absolutely love it over black.  The shimmers and glitters all work so well together.  The formula is easy to use.  For my swatch I used one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Miss Priss Polish and Joss Cosmetics have also made polishes for the upcoming auctions, however they weren't made in time for me to swatch them.  I imagine that there will be swatches of these polishes on Facebook and Instagram so definitely check those out.

Now that you have seen the swatches of the polishes I have, let's get into the nitty gritty of the auctions.  The auctions will be starting on January 27th at 8pm AEDT and will be finishing on January 30th at 9pm AEDT.  Due to the pace of wanting to get assistance to those in need shipping will only within Australia and the US.

Each polish is exclusive for this auction.  There will be ten bottles of each brands polish for you to bid on.  There will also be one mega auction item that consists of the whole set of polishes as well as an extra item from each brand and those extras are amazing!

I think that covers all the details that I know.  Be sure to follow Hand In Hand on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date with all the details you need for these auctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment