Emily de Molly Alive By Magic (Polish Pick Up September 2019) - Swatches & Review

Thursday 5 September 2019


How is it Thursday?  Seriously, I can't believe how quickly this week is going by.  But I guess that is what happens when you are busy moving house, packing and unpacking, cleaning etc.  I'm just hoping that my nails survive!  Luckily for me I swatched Emily de Molly's September Polish Pick Up shade a little while ago and now I am going to share it with you.

Alive By Magic is a dark red jelly based filled with red to green shifting shimmer.  The glitters predominately show red/orange and gold with some green showing up on extreme angles.  I absolutely love the glitters in this polish!  And for a red it's really nice (I'm not much of a red polish fan).  The formula of this is fantastic and easy to use.  You can easily stop at two coats, however it was a little see through at the tips for me - plus the extra coat of polish gives it more of that squishy look with I love!  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
I really don't think my pictures do this shade justice.  It's so much better in person.  Hayley has also swatched this and added a matte coat - which also looks awesome.  I wished that I had used a matte top coat as well.  Oh well, there is always next time.

Alive By Magic will be available for presale from Polish Pick Up - September 6th until September 9th.  There is no cap on this polish which means there is one (or more) for everyone.

2 comments: