Pueen Cosmetics Vinyl Nail Stencil Set 09-16 - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 9 September 2015


Late last week I received some surprise nail mail.  Nail mail is always super exciting but surprise nail mail is slightly more exciting because you have no clue what it is.  My surprise nail mail was a lovely package from Pueen Cosmetics.  Inside was the Vinyl Nail Stencil Kit 09-16.   I have been a huge fan of their stamping plates for years now so I was looking forward to trying their stencil kits.


 

The stencil set comes in this cute little cardboard envelope which includes a small pictorial and instructions (as seen in the above pictures) on how to use the stencils inside.  This pack includes eight full sheets on stencils with two different designs on each sheet.  The amount of vinyls varies depending on design.  The full nail designs include ten stencils and are 3cm in length and 2cm wide.  This is great for those with super long nails, but for me I lost a lot of the design.

Image from Pueen Cosmetics
I have had a good amount of attempts using nail stencils from various brands.  Unfortunately the mostly end in various degrees of disaster.  I have used two different stencils from this set and have had a small amount of success.  These vinyls have quite a good amount of stickiness to them but I just can't get them (or any other stencils) to really sit flat on my nails, which means I have bleeding underneath.  I have tried cutting them, adding splits in different places, sponging the polish on....you name it and I have tried it.  I just can't seem to get stencils to work properly for me.  Below is a couple of manis that I have done using this set.




While I haven't had a huge amount of success with these stencils, I have seen quite a few manis from other people and they have beautiful crisp lines.  I'm extremely jealous.

The Vinyl Nail Stencil Set is available from Pueen Cosmetics.

2 comments:

  1. I can never get my vinyls to line up well or come off without a mess. One downside to vinyls is that they are consumable, one time use only, equals expensive. I prefer stamping....infinite usage. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to pick between vinyls or stamping I would always pick stamping. But that being said I do like vinyls - especially the individual vinyls like zig zags. The nail stencils like these ones just don't work on my nails because they are so curved.

      Delete