Grace-full Nail Polish Brainard's Goo (Polish Pick Up August 2020) - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 5 August 2020


Hello!  How are you all?  I hope you are well and surviving the whole pandemic that is still going on.  If you don't know I am based in Melbourne and we are once again in lock down.  So homeschooling is in full swing again which has it's pros and cons...I guess like everything I suppose.  Anyway, I haven't fully disappeared from the nail world.  I am still around just posts will have to be further apart.  Anyway, I am officially rambling.  Let's take a look at this month's Polish Pick Up from Grace-full Nail Polish.

Brainard's Goo is described as a vibrant green to gold aurora shimmer and is inspired by the movie Flubber.  This is such a cool polish.  It's a great colour and it shifts so well.  The formula is easy to use but it is a little sheer on the first coat.  I found that it built up beautifully on the second coat, however it was still see through at the tips so I added a third coat.  While you can't see a visible nail line I did still find it see through at the tips after the third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Brainard's Goo will be available via the Polish Pick Up from August 7th until August 10th.  This polish is capped to 80 (US) and 10 (UK) so you will need to be quick!

6 comments:

  1. Tell me... did I already buy this? :p
    It's up this month on rewind and in my cart, but it looks SO familiar and I think I already bought it in August. (Won't be the first time I bought a dupe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA That's so funny. I have only gone to purchase a dupe once. Luckily for me it was an Emily de Molly and she messaged me to ask if I had meant to order the same thing again. It must have been a blank moment because I didn't even realise that it was polishes that I had swatched already.

      Delete
    2. You've only attempted a dupe purchase ONCE? What are ya, a noob? lol (The alternative, of course, is that you have a great memory; not something I've been blessed with.) Anyway, that's SO cool that EDM alerted you!

      Considering I have over 4k bottles of polish (and that's after several serious purges), inadvertently doubling up on occasion is par for the course.

      One shop I know has gone the extra mile for us addicts. They've written a code in their system that puts a notification at the top of a bottle's listing if you've purchased it before. (Like Amazon does.) I can't tell you how helpful that is! But, despite my requests for a few other sellers to do the same, they don't seem to want to go that route. Well, that's one way to make more dahlahz!

      I ended up buying this one, by the way.

      /novel

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a really cool feature that would definitely help with not doubling up on things (unless they are intentional backup purchases). I think my main reason for not doubling up is because I have really slowed down with buying polishes. I'm like you and have over 4k polishes (despite the purges over the years) and slowly running out of space for more. In fact I am over due to clear more out again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It *is* cool! And I wish they'd all do it. I, for one, would spend even more money at their shops because I could be sure whether or not I've already picked up a certain polish instead of just saying "forget it" and not bothering. My ancient brain is taxed enough already!

    Since some shops have already implemented the system that lets you know you already purchased a bottle, it can't possibly be THAT difficult if you have the right coder. I think it would be a real advantage to everyone, seller included.

    I haven't really purged before, unless you could the hundreds of bottles that I gave to my manicurist. She takes them to a convalescent facility or something. She says the clients LOVELOVELOVE the time spent getting manicures.

    So how DO you store your polish? I use Ikea's Helmers mostly. They're not perfect, but they work good enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it will be a thing that sellers start doing. Maybe a lot don't know that it's a feature that can be added. I mean I didn't really know it was a thing either.

    Purging definitely has it's pros and cons. Aside from the ones that I have sold on IG/blog I have given away hundreds over the years. I could only imagine how many I would have now if I didn't...

    I'm an Ikea Alex girl. I personally liked the way they looked better than the helmers and they last. I brought my first one 10 years ago and it's still going strong. It has got a few scratches on it but it's been through quite a few moves so I'm surprised it's not in worse condition lol

    ReplyDelete