Jessica Cosmetics California Girl Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 20 February 2020


Spring is definitely my favourite season of the year.  It's not too hot and it's not too cold, plus there is usually plenty of sunshine and lots of pretty colours.  Jessica Cosmetics have brought out a great collection for Spring (although now that I write this I have a feeling that it is actually a summer collection).  No matter what the season it's a good collection.


Cool In The Pool is a light blue creme.  I think this is such a pretty colour and would look really cute with some floral nail art over it (I wish I had thought of that earlier).  The formula is easy to use, although it is a little streaky over the first coat so I needed three coats for full coverage.


Desert Sunset is light pink/orange creme.  This is such a pretty and fresh colour.  Like with Cool In The Pool the formula is easy to work with and is a little patchy on the first coat.  I used two coats for my swatch, but I did do a thicker second coat.


Malibu Barbie is a coral pink shimmer.  This is really pretty polish but it is super sheer.  If you know me then you will know that I don't like visible nail lines and I believe that this polish won't build up enough to cover that.  With that said, I am a big fan of this polish as a topper.  It's applies well and has a good amount of shimmer.  For my swatch I used one coat over Desert Sunset. 




Ocean Waves is a teal creme.  Like all teals this one doesn't play nicely with my camera.  My camera turns it a little more blue when in fact it leans more green toned.  The formula is fantastic - in fact I would say that it is in this collection.  It has good opacity and applies easily.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Popsicle Kisses is a coral pink creme.  This is my favourite polish in this collection.  I am a huge fan of the colour and the formula is great.  My swatch shows two coats.


Valley Girl is a pink creme.  Really pretty colour with a good formula.  It does apply a little patch on the first coat but a second thicker coat does even it out.  My swatch shows two coats.


How pretty is this collection?  I am a big fan.  I think the colours are all really pretty and the formulas are easy to use (even if some are a little patchy).  What do you think about this collection?  Let me know in the comments.

The California Girls Collection is available from Jessica Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment