SM Polish Naughty But Nice Collection - Swatches& Review

Sunday 20 August 2017


I am back with another new collection from SM Polish!  If you missed my swatches and review of the Out Of This World Collection then you can find that here.  Today I have the soon to be released Naughty But Nice Collection to share with you.


Jealous Girlfriend is a turquoise crelly with multiple sized glitters and flakes in various colours.  The formula is easy to use, however it is slightly on the the sheer side.  I used three coats as there was still a visible nail line after the second coat.




One Night Stand is a blue crelly with multiple sized glitters and flakes in various colours.  I think this one is the prettiest of this collection.  The formula is easy to use, but is on the sheer side.  I needed three coats to remove the visible nail line.




Satin Knickers is described as having multiple sized glitters in various colours in a fine colour travel base that transitions between purple and green.  The press release also says that "it can be used as a top coat".  I received the press release well after swatching these and this polish definitely shouldn't be worn on it own.  I used five coats and it still isn't opaque!  You can still see through the tips and see a slight visible nail line (it is more obvious in person than my pictures).  I am not even sure what base colour this one would look decent over.  Personally I would skip this polish.




True Love is a pink crelly with multiple sized glitters and flakes in various colours.  Again, the formula is easy to work with but it is on the sheer side.  You can get away with three coats, but I used four coats for my swatch.



This collection reminds me of old school indies from a few years ago.  I think a few years ago I may have liked them more than I do now.  While the formulas are easy to use I am disappointed at how sheer these are.  I think polishes of this type should be two coats to be opaque, not three plus coats and still be see through at the tips.  No nail polish should ever need five coats!

The Naughty But Nice Collection is being released Tuesday 22nd August at 5pm AEST on SM Polish's site.  If you use my code 'olivia10' you will receive a 10% discount (minimum purchase I believe is $20).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment