OPI Washington DC Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 8 August 2016


Hello my friends!  It's been a little while since I have blogged.  Definitely not completely intention.  As I mentioned in one of my previous posts life has been a little hectic and quite stressful for me so I've had to take a little step back from nails for a little bit.  I will be popping up every now and again but for the time being I won't be on any regular blogging schedule.  Anyway, today I have the new OPI Washington DC Collection.  This collection is a collaboration between OPI and the actress Kerry Washington, who was recently named as the brands first ever Creative Ambassador.  The collection consists of twelve permanent shades (which I have to share with you today) and three limited edition shades.


This collection by far has some of the best and most consistent formulas that I can recall from OPI.  Each polish is really easy to work with and in a lot of cases you could get away with using only one coat.  I wish all polishes had a formula like these polishes.  I don't think I could love them any more.  For all of my swatches I used two coats.
  
C.I.A = Color Is Awesome is a teal blue creme.  Such a gorgeous colour.

Picture taken in light box
Freedom Of Peach is a peachy sienna creme.  I think this is quite an interesting colour.  I'm not sure if I like it or not on my skin tone but it's definitely a great autumn tone polish.

Picture taken in light box
Madam President is a pink toned red creme (or is it a red toned pink?).  Whatever you want to call it, I really like it.  This was actually the first polish in the collection that I reached for.

Picture taken in light box
Never A Dulles Moment is described as a curry yellow creme.  This one I did find applied slightly unevenly on the first coat but evens out perfectly on the second coat.


OPI By Popular Vote is described as a cool apple red.  Now if you have been following for a while then you will probably know that red is not usually a favorite of mine, especially red cremes.  Well for some strange reason I love this polish.  I would go as far as saying that this is my favorite polish in the entire collection.  I even wore it as a full mani for two days in a row.

Picture taken in light box
Pale To The Chief is a nude creme with a very subtle shimmer throughout.  I quite like the colour of this one, although the shimmer is very hard to see in person (and on camera).  I think I would like this one more if it didn't have the shimmer.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Shh...It's Top Secret! is a very dark brown creme.  This polish is super dark that for the most part it looks black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Squeaker Of The House is chocolate brown creme.  This one does apply a little uneven on the first coat but evens out on the second coat.

Picture taken in light box
 Stay Of The Lawn!! is blue toned green creme.  Such a pretty colour.

Picture taken in light box
Suzi - The First Lady Of Nails is an olive green creme.  This one does apply slightly uneven on the first coat but evens out perfectly on the second coat.  I am also a fan of this colour too.

Picture taken in light box
We The Female is a garnet creme.  Another red creme that I quite like and it is close to being a one coater.

Picture taken in light box
Yank My Doodle is tawny brown with a slight reddish tone creme.

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I am really impressed with this collection.  The colours are perfect for a Winter/Fall Collection and the formulas are amazing.  My personal favorites are OPI By Popular Vote, Madam President, CIA = Color Is Awesome and Stay Off My Lawn!!

The Washington DC Collection is available now from Myer, David Jones and select salons.

6 comments:

  1. I was so surprised when you picked a red as your fave but I can see why. It's such a gorgeous colour. I love CIA the most, that colour is sunning. However this collection is full of stunning shades, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous collection! I love it. I am still surprised that a red is my favorite. I'm not normally a red girl at all. lol

      Delete
  2. Suzi-The First Lady of Nails is my favorite so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of that one too. It's definitely not my usual type at all but there is just something about it <3

      Delete
  3. These are just so pretty and perfect for fall. I don't normally gravitate towards reds either, but those darker reds look absolutely beautiful on your nails! Might have to pick them up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has fallen for the reds. They really are great polishes and definitely perfect for the colder weather :)

      Delete