China Glaze Star Hopping Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 8 December 2015


You may all know by now that I am a huge fan of bright polishes, but did you know that I am also obsessed with glitter polishes?  I probably don't wear them as often mainly because removal can be a pain in the butt but OMG they are just so pretty and sparkly! I'm such a girl.  Anyway, I was checking out some of my usual online shopping places and I just so happened to stumble across a new China Glaze collection.  Not just any collection, but a full eight piece glitter collection.  I'm sure these babies jumped straight into my card and I was checking out before my brain even registered what was actually happening.  


Can You Sea Me? is a mixture of silver and blue holographic glitters in a clear base.   I think this one would take a lot of work to build it up to be fully opaque.  The formula is easy to work with, however you do need to use a bit of a dabbing motion for the glitters.  My swatch is one coat over China Glaze UV Meant To Be?

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Counting Carats is a gold holographic glitter.  Talk about bling!  I really love this one.  I think it is perfect for the holiday season.  The formula is easy to use but again it may take a bit of work to get it to be fully opaque.  I used one coat over OPI Love Angel Music Baby.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Give Me The Green Light! is a blue-green glitter.  Really pretty and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Pick Me Up Purple is a pale lilac with holographic glitters.  I love this one.  It's so pretty.  I believe this one could be opaque in two to three coats (something I will definitely have to try in the near future) but I used one coat over China Glaze Tart-y For The Party for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Silver Of Sorts is a silver glitter.  I found this one had a thick formula but it was still easy to work with.  This one could be opaque in two to three coats, however I used one coat over China Glaze I'd Melt For You for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Star Hopping is a black tinted base polish filled with dark blue holographic glitters.  This is definitely a great base for some galaxy nail art.  The formula of this one is a little on the thick side but it is easy to work with.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Turn Up The Heat is described as a berry glitter.  Soooo pretty.  This was definitely one that grabbed my attention first when I unwrapped this collection.  The formula is slightly on the thicker side but like the others it is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
You're Too Sweet is a pale pink holographic glitter.  Such a pretty polish.  This one could possibly be opaque in three to four coats but I am really not sure.  I used two coats over OPI Mod About You (although I think I preferred one coat instead).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
How pretty is this collection?  My pictures really don't do these polishes justice.  My personal favorites are Pick Me Up Purple, Counting Carats, Turn Up The Heat You're Too Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, blingy vollection from China Glaze I hadn't noticed to be released at all. So thanks for informing!:)

    Last one, the pink, is propably my favourite of the bunch😍

    ReplyDelete