Femme Fatale Cosmetics July 2015 Releases - Swatches & Review

Sunday 9 August 2015


I can't believe we are already a week in August!  I sense this month is going to disappear very quickly.  I received my August Femme Fatale order the other day (which arrived super quick, I was actually really shocked.  I wasn't expecting it for at least another week or two).  Anyway, I will be swatching and reviewing those later this month.  Today, I will be sharing with you my swatches and review of the July releases.  These releases include the Colour Of The Month polish and five oops shades.

Alien Atmosphere is the Colour Of The Month Polish for July.  This is a royal purple crelly with blue and aqua microglitters (holo and matte) and a sprinkling of blue shimmer.  I found the first coat of this polish applied really unevenly and was a little tricky to work with, however the second coat was easy and gave even coverage.   I was pleasantly surprised.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Arcadia is described as a smokey mauve with pink tones, copper overlay and golden flakies with antique gold highlights.  I really like this one, especially in direct sunlight.  It's really pretty and the formula was great to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Eidum is described as a vibrant green jelly with blue tones.  It's filled with green and purple microglitter and metallic flakie accents.  This one is quite sheer.  I used three full coats plus added extra polish to the tips to ensure that there was no visible nail line.  Definitely a pretty polish.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight


Noctis Labyrinthus is described as a deep purple jelly with purples and red microglitter/shimmer.  This one probably had the most difficult formula of the group.  The first coat was terribly uneven, and pulled and dragged the polish as you applied it.  The second coat did apply easier and gave an even coverage.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Our Scorching Sister is described as a blue-grey base with golden overlay and flakies.  I love this one.  It's so unique and really pretty, plus the formula was fantastic.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Pixie Light is described as a soft blue creme with pink shimmers and silver holo.  I understand that this is an oops shade but I really feel like we have seen quite a few variations of this polish.  It just doesn't excitement anymore.  It is nice and the formula was easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Overall, I think there was a good mix of polishes released in July.  Unfortunately there are all limited edition and have sold out now, but I think they are worth sharing still.  My personal favorites from July's release are Our Scorching Sister and Arcadia.


No comments:

Post a Comment