China Glaze The Great Outdoors Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 2 August 2015


There is no greater thing than a new polish collection, and boy was I happy when I saw that Nail Supplies had China Glaze's Fall 2015 collection - The Great Outdoors.  I snapped these up as soon as I saw them.  I hadn't actually seen any swatches or much about these so it was a real gamble whether or not I would like them.  Luckily for me, I really like this collection.  The colours are great cooler weather polishes and the formulas are awesome.  If only all China Glaze polishes (and all polish brands really) were like these.  This collection consists of twelve polishes so be warned that this post has quite a lot of pictures.

Cabin Fever is described as a pink to copper duochrome.  Super pretty and definitely unique in my collection.  The formula is great and so easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatches.

Picture taken in light box



Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Change Your Altitude is described as a pebble greige creme.  I am so in love with this polishYou can probably get away with one coat of this one if you apply it carefully.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Check Out The Silver Fox is described as a metallic gunmental grey.  I really like this one too.  The formula is amazing.  I used one coat for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Free Bear Hugs is described as a deep black red creme.  I'm not sure how I feel about the colour of this one.  I kinda go back and forth on the whole "it pretty much looks like black most of the time but in certain lights you can see it's real colour".  The formula is easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Gone Glamping is described as a gold to green duochrome.  Really pretty polish but quite sheer in colour.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Let's Dew It is described as a multi dimension blue gray glitter.  When I swatched this on my swatch stick I didn't think it looked as though it would really build up to full coverage so I swatch it over Sleeping Under The Stars and I think it might become opaque in three coats.  I will definitely have to test that out at some point.  I quite this glitter mix and the formula is easy to work with.  My swatch shows one coat over Sleeping Under The Stars.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunslight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
My Lodge Or Yours? is described as a natural mauve creme.  Definitely a great winter polish.  Formula is great and you could nearly get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Pondering is described as a deep amethyst duochrome.  I love this one.  It is calling me to do some form of mermaid nails with it in the future.  I think this is one of those polishes that pictures don't really do it justice.  The formula is great, so easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sleeping Under The Stars is described as a dark blue with stardust shimmer.  This one was kinda disappointing for me.  It looks stunning in the bottle but on the nail the shimmer is really hard to see, even in direct sunlight.  The formula is fantastic.  Easy to use and only requires one coat to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
S'more Fun is described as a lemon lime creme.  This isn't really a colour I tend to go for but you never know when you might need this colour for something.  The formula is great and requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Take A Hike is described as a rich mossy green.  I really like the colour of this one and the formula is amazing.  I used one coat for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Wood You Wanna? is described as a rich brown burgundy metallic.  Super pretty and it stamps!  It's the only one from this collection that I have tried stamping with but I suspect a few might.  Formula is amazing and only needs one coat to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Can you tell that I am a fan of this collection?  Particularly the formulas.  They are awesome.  I have no complaints in that department.  My personal favorites from this collection are Pondering and Change Your Altitude, followed very closely by Check Out The Silver Fox, Cabin Fever, Let's Dew It, Gone Glamping, Take A Hike and Wood You Wanna?  Told you I really like this collection.  I have already started doing some swatch comparisons using this collection but if there are any particular polishes you want to see comparisons of just let me know and I will try and do them.  I am hoping the comparison post will be up in the next day or two.

I am not entirely sure when the official release date is of this collection (China Glaze is hard to find in Australia) but I purchased mine from Nail Supplies.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment