101 Untrieds (Polishes 34 - 37) - Swatches & Review

Sunday 28 July 2019


Once upon a time I set a little goal (or maybe not so little goal) to break out and wear 101 of my untried polishes.  Well somewhere along the lines I kinda got side tracked and forgot about it.  Oops.  But I am back at it again.  So far I have worn 37 (some of which I have to share with you today) of my untrieds which means I only have 63 to wear and about 16(ish) weeks to do it in.  That's achievable right?  I guess we will find out soon enough.  I think I am officially rambling now.  Let's have a trip back into the past....


Emily de Molly LE1 is a gorgeous purple shimmer with a pink/copper glitter.  I can not believe how long I have had this polish and have left it untried.  Clearly I have issues.  I really should have worn this years ago.  It's gorgeous and the formula is amazing.  It's close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Femme Fatale Cosmetics Void Shatter is a charcoal holo with purple flakes.  Oh how I have missed wearing Femme Fatale polishes.  I mean how great is this polish?  And the formula is great too.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Glam Polish Would You Believe? is a glitter topper filled with fine silver holo glitters, and mixed sized glitters in a variety of colours.  This is definitely a step back in time.  Who remembers a time when glitter toppers like this were everywhere?  I do.  It really doesn't seem like that long again but it really was.  Formula wise this is exactly what you would expect.  The bigger glitters need a little manipulation to get to sit on your nails but overall it was easy enough to work with.  For my swatch I used one coat over Emily de Molly Emmy 2.0.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Moonstone Nail Polish Radioactive is a violet shimmer with a subtle pink/blue colour shift.  I am not entirely sure if I have worn this polish or if I have just worn something similar.  Yet another reason why I really should get around to putting all my polishes on my blog.  It would be so much easier to find than having to scroll back through Instagram.  Anyway, formula wise this one is ok.  It's easy to work with but is really sheer which is disappointing.  I used three coats for my swatch, however it is still quite see through at the tips.  Really pretty colour and shift though.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
I didn't actually realize until now that I have kinda been grabbing the same sorts of colours when it comes to my untrieds this time around.  Oops.  Luckily for me they are all very different.  I'll have to dig a little further through and see what other colours and finishes I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment