Orly Sunet Strip Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 10 November 2016


Today I am stepping away from the nail art posts for a minute.  Never fear I have a nail art post planned for tomorrow, Saturday and then a bunch for next week.  There will also be lots more swatch posts coming soon as I try and swatch my way through all the polishes I have purchased this year.  Apparently there is quite a few that I haven't done yet.  Oops.  Anyway today I have Orly's Holiday Collection to share with you.  I have actually had this collection sitting in my to swatch racks for way too long.  I would say at least a month and it kept getting pushed back.  I seriously need more nail hours in the day so I can swatch things more quickly.


Celebrity Spotting is a purple creme with pink shimmer.  I think this is quite a pretty polish and the formula is easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Invite Only is a green creme.  The formula is easy to use but I am not a huge a fan of this colour.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Last Call is a pink shimmer.  Now honestly I was expecting to love this one.  Sadly, not the case.  I think the colour is gorgeous but my my, this polish took forever to dry!  It applies evenly but there was still a visible nail line after two coats.  I used three coats for my swatch and there is still a slight visible nail line and quite see through at the tips.  So disappointing.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Sunset Blvd is described as a red glitter.  Now if you look at the bottle you can see that is polish has a red base and some gold glitters in it.  The gold glitter isn't as obvious on the nails as it is in the bottle.  Formula wise this is very much the same as Last Call.  Applies evenly, sloooooow drying and still a visible nail line at three coats.  It is a very Christmasy colour though.

Picture taken in light box
The Who's Who is a dark blue creme.  This one applies unevenly on the first coat, and nearly evens out completely on the second.  You can get away with two coats if you aren't too fussy with it being slightly uneven and have see through tips.  Mind you even after three coats it is still see through at the tips.  I think it is a really nice colour though.

Picture taken in light box
Up All Night is a silver shimmer.  This one has the best formula of this collection.  It is super close to being a one coater and I am pretty sure it may stamp as well.  The colour is nice too.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Overall I think this collection is a bit meh.  The colours really aren't anything special and the formulas aren't great.  Do I hate this collection?  No, but I definitely don't love it either.

What do you think of this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment