Powder Perfect Halloween 1 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 18 October 2016



It is no secret that I am obsessed with Powder Perfect's stamping polishes!  If you haven't seen them then you may want to do yourself and a favour and check out this post.  They definitely are a must have for anyone who stamps.  If you are a member of the Facebook fan group you would have seen a sneak peek of the stamping plates earlier this year.  I have been hanging tightly onto my seat for them to be released and OMG! they are here and they are amazing!  There are three plates that have been released so far.  I do have all three to swatch and review but each plate will be done in a separate post.   Today I will be sharing with you the Halloween plate.

Image from Powder Perfect
Each of the Powder Perfect plates measure 14.5cm by 9.5cm (think the size of Uberchic, B Loves Plate sizes) and are completely unique.  The Halloween plate has been made in collaboration with Penny Webb a features a really good mix of individual images, full nail images and images that create a scene (bottom left and bottom right corners).  I absolutely love the idea of the scene manis.  You can use the whole image across your nails or just use parts of it to create something completely different.  Some of these images are a quite big for my nails so I do lose a bit of the detail.  For example, to do the bat mani below I did have to double stamp it so it didn't look so blank.  Perhaps I just positioned the image wrong.  I think I will also have issues with the large skeleton cat and the image below it. 

For my first mani I couldn't go past using the bats.  I love that they are different to other bat images that I have.  Polishes used are Powder Perfect's Turtledoves, Once Glorious, Puerto Rico and the Black Stamping Polish.


For my second mani I couldn't resist stealing Margaret's mani (@loveslacquer over on IG). Technically I am only stealing on nail but still.  I fell in love with her mani and need it on my nails too.  Now you will notice that there is some odd stamping happening on my middle nail.  This has nothing to do with the plate and just me having a bad stamping day.  Polishes used for this mani are Powder Perfect's Crenellations, I Can't Sleep, Library Dust and the Black Stamping Polish.


I couldn't go past using the Graveyard scene image.  It's just so cool and there are so many different things you can do with it.  I went for a very basic option and used Powder Perfect's Fog Is Rolling In which shifts beautifully making this mani look different depending on the lighting and angle.  Stamping polish is of course Powder Perfects Black Stamping Polish (have I mentioned that I am obsessed with their stamping polishes?)


The images on this plate are etched really well.  I had no troubles picking up and transferring the images on to my nails.  You can bet you will be seeing this plate being used again soon (I'm looking at you skeleton cat!)

This plate is available now from Powder Perfect's Australian site and from their International site.

*EDIT: I have just received a discount code you guys to use.  If you use the code NAILSTAMP you will receive 10% off all stamping polishes, stamping plates and accessories.  The code is valid until January 31 2017.
 

2 comments:

  1. This plate looks amazing, too many stamping options, id never know where to start. However considering as it's taken me hours and I still can't get a proper image.
    Can't wait to see the other 2 plates.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a starting point with both stamping plates and polishes is always hard. So many decisions! If you are ever near Melbourne or if I am in your direction I promise I'll teach you how to stamp. :)

      Delete