Pretty Serious Cosmetics Daphne's Party Polishes - Swatch & Review

Friday 14 August 2015


Recently I picked the latest additions to Pretty Serious' Daphne's Party Polishes and I thought it was time to introduce Pretty Serious to my blog.  I have a decent amount of their polishes but some how I have never managed to blog about them.  How strange.  Anyway, there are four polishes in Daphne's Party Polishes and while I do own them all, I will only be showing you the recent additions.  I have used Daphne's Birthday Party and Daphne After Dark and these can been seen on my Instagram page (warning: you may need to scroll back a bit to find these pics).

Daphne's Disco Party is described as a matte neon glitter bomb with pink iridescent glass flecks.  I really like the idea of this polish but was very disappointed when I realized that it had a pink tinted base instead of clear.  The formula was fine to work with, although these glitters love to cling to each other so they need some guidance.  I used one semi dabbed on coat over China Glaze Feel The Breeze.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Daphne's Garden Party is a pastel metallic glitter bomb.  Now this polish is jam packed full of glittery goodness.  Because it is so packed the formula is quick thick so I dabbed one coat of the polish over OPI Mod About You.  I think I like it better in person than I do in the pic, but not sure I quite love it like I thought I would.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I'm not loving these two polishes like I thought I would.  If Daphne's Disco Party had a clear base I think it would have been awesome, especially layered over darker polishes.  As for Daphne's Garden Party, the jury is still out on that one.  I definitely prefer the other two polishes in this range.  They are great polishes.

All four Daphne's Party Polishes are currently available from Pretty Serious Cosmetics.


No comments:

Post a Comment