101 Untrieds (Polishes 42 - 46) - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 9 October 2019


It occurred to me when I was packing up my polishes (and then unpacking them again) that I have neglected my 101 Untrieds challenge that I set for myself.  In fact, the last time I wore an untried was back at the beginning of August.  But given how many polishes I re discovered during our move I am going to get myself back on track.  There has definitely been a lot of gorgeous polishes that have been released over the year and they need to be loved!


Color Club Peace, Love & Polish is a neon pink coral with a gold shimmer.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't take pictures of this polish outside so you can see the shimmer.  It's really pretty and gives is a slightly different look to your standard neon.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  I used three coats for my swatch, but you can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box
China Glaze What A Pansy is a purple toned periwinkle creme.  I really have no clue if I have worn this polish or not, but it has definitely leaked at some point.  The formula was really thick and a little tricky to work with but I have a feeling that's because it has leaked/air getting into the bottle.  The colour however is stunning so I think I may need to purchase a new bottle.  For my swatch I used three coats but I accidentally spilled some acetone so needed the extra coat.  You only need two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Gloss N Sparkle Spectraflair Top Coat is a silver holographic top coat.  Super pretty and it is something that I have worn maybe once right after I received it but I don't think I have ever photographed it....until now.  I love it.  It's really pretty and easy to use.  I used one and a half coats (or one thick coat) over China Glaze What A Pansy.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
OPI Ink is a blurple shimmer.  I love this one!  Again, I'm not sure why I didn't get more photos of this one.  It's absolutely gorgeous in person and I love how it looks slightly different depending on the lighting.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Picture Polish Blush is a blush creme.  I'm a huge fan of this.  I really don't know why it has taken me so long to wear it.  It's one of those fresh kind of colours and is perfect for Spring (I say that as it is raining and really cold - I think Melbourne is going back to Winter).  The formula is fantastic and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
I'm going to have to go digging through my drawers again and break out some more of my untrieds....sooner rather than later.  I'm not even half way through my challenge and time is flying by.  Have you got many untried polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment