OPI New Orleans Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 1 February 2016

  
I am so excited for today's post!  I saw somewhere on social media that OPI had released the New Orleans Collection in the US and I was seriously hoping that it would hit the Australia stores sooner rather than later.  You can imagine my surprise when the full collection arrived at my doorstep.  Unfortunately for me, they arrived when I was still really unwell so they had to sit and wait.  That was pure torture for me, but I finally had the chance to swatch them all and boy did they not disappoint me!  


Crawfishin' For A Compliment is a light orange creme.  I do love this colour in the bottle, but I am not 100% sure if it agrees with my skin tone.  That won't stop me using it though.  This polish applies slightly unevenly on the first coat, however it does even out and becomes opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Got Myself Into A Jam-Balaya is a creamy peach.  Quite a pretty colour.  The formula is a little on the thin side and applies unevenly on the first coat.  I needed three coats to make it fully opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Humidi-Tea is a nude shimmer.  I quite like this shade too.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I Manicure For Beads is a purple creme.  No surprise that I really like this one.  The formula is amazing and is so close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
I'm Sooo Swamped is a verdant, creamy green.  This one doesn't photograph very accurately.  I did a search and none of the swatches I have seen are accurate.  Not sure what magic is it that it tricks cameras.  In person, it's not as bright and has a slight olive-y tone too it.  It's definitely not a bright green like it looks in pictures.  As for the formula, it's amazing.  Close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Let Me Bayou A Drink is a light blush pink.  This is super pretty and surprisingly wasn't as streaky or sheer as I would normally expect from such a light coloured polish.  You can definitely get away with two coats, however I did three coats out of habit.

Picture taken in light box
Rich Girls & Po-Boys is described as a China blue creme.  Stunning colour with an amazing formula.  You could easily get away with one coat, however I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
She's A Bad Muffuletta! is a hot red creme (with a slight coral tone to it).  Great colour and formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Show Us Your Tips! is a periwinkle shimmer.  This one is a little sheer and patchy on the first coat, however it does even out on the second coat.  I used three coats for my swatch, however if you don't mind a very slight visible nail line you can get away with two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Spare Me A French Quarter? is a raspberry creme.  Gorgeous colour with an amazing formula.  I used two coats for my swatch, however you could get away with only one coat.

Picture taken in light box
Suzi Nails New Orleans is a light bright pink creme.  Stunning colour and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in lightbox
 Take A Right On Bourbon is a warm metallic pewter.  Like with a lot of other metallics, this one shows every brush stroke which personally I am not a fan of.  The formula is easy to work with and you can get away with two coats.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box
Overall I am a huge fan of this collection.  The formulas are all easy to use and I love that quite a few of the cremes are so close to being a one coater.  Seriously, if I was in a hurry I would easily grab one of these and just do one coat.  My personal favorites from this collection would have to Let Me Bayou A Drink, Rich Girls & Po-Boys, I Manicure For Beads, Spare Me A French Quarter?, Suzi Nails New Orleans and Show Us Your Tips!  I haven't gone through my collection to see if I have any other polishes similar to this or not, but if you would like to see any comparisons just let me know in the comments below.

The OPI New Orleans Collection will be available from February exclusively from select salons, Myer and David Jones.

8 comments:

  1. Wow really nice collection and great swatches :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananka. I really like this collection. I can see me using it lots. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post!! :D I'm wondering if you might have 'Where did Suzi's man-go?' And 'Green-which village' in your collection? Are they similar to 'Crawfishin' for compliments' and 'Im sooo swamped'? I already have the first two OPIs, so if they are exact dupes I might skip those two from this collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vendela. I don't actually own Where Did Suzi's Man-go? or Green-Witch Village so unfortunately I can't do a comparison of those sorry. If I can find those polishes locally I will grab them so I can do a comparison. :)

      Delete
  3. Best swatching of this collection yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Christy. That is really nice of you to say :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely swatches, really great quality I appreciate that! I can't wait to see this collection in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Emma. This collection is really pretty in person. :)

      Delete