The Nail Lab Christmas Polishes - Swatches & Review

Sunday 8 November 2015


Last week I randomly walked out of my front door for something and to my surprise there was a package addressed to Olivia Jade Nails.  Of course this could only mean one thing.  Surprise nail mail!  Naturally I ran back inside and opened it immediately.  Inside was a beautifully packaged box with five Christmas polishes from The Nail Lab.  Now if you are looking for traditional colours for Christmas manis I think these are the colours you need - a red, a green, a white, a gold glitter and a silver glitter.  While I am eager to start doing some Christmas nail art I am going to hold off for a little bit so keep on eye out on my Instagram for nail art.



Brooke is a red creme.  It's not too bright and it's not too dark, and it applies nicely.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Diana is a clear based polishes with a mix of different sized silver glitters.  I was a little worried that this would be a little too base heavy and the big glitters would be hard to get out, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It was actually easy to work with, no fishing for the glitters and had a great amount of glitter come out.  I used one coat over black for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Foxy is the gold version of Diana.  I did find that this one was a little sparse in the glitters than Diana but I don't necessarily think that that is a bad thing, particularly for those you don't like full on glittery nails.  The formula was easy to work with and I didn't need to fish out the larger glitters.  I used one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Gidget is a white creme polish.  This one had a good formula, it wasn't overly streaky like a lot of white polishes and was opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Kelly is a green creme.  Easy to use and definitely a good colour for the holiday season.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
All of these polishes are available for purchase at The Nail Lab.

What are your go to colours for Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. I love these straight traditional Christmas colors. But then I love tradition. I should break out into song from The Fiddler on the Roof movie. hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I tend to stick to traditional colours (mainly) for nail art but my Christmas tree is usually full of brighter colours (like pinks and blues).

      Delete
    2. How fun is that for a Christmas tree!!?? Like a Whoville Christmas tree!!

      Delete
  2. What a nice parcel to get. These are all good :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great. I am really impressed by The Nail Lab's polishes :)

      Delete